Schecter John Browne signature?

PietrOo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Feels like a downgrade to me, tbh. I remember trying one Mayones in a store back in the day and was blown away how good a guitar can feel. First the dude from Intervals and now this dude. Guess Schecter actually gives them free guitars instead of some shitty "x% off" deal. :lol:

Thats what im thinking too, I remember watching a Sithu Aye livestream where he was talking about how he bought a Duvell for 4000 pounds basically committing financial suicide (I'm pretty sure he was already "endorsed" at the time). Seeing everyone switch over now is kinda starting to make me put 2 and 2 together lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thats what im thinking too, I remember watching a Sithu Aye livestream where he was talking about how he bought a Duvell for 4000 pounds basically committing financial suicide (I'm pretty sure he was already "endorsed" at the time). Seeing everyone switch over now is kinda starting to make me put 2 and 2 together lol
I mean theyre cheaper, most likely free, plus you also get a little kickback for licensing your name on it. On top of that Schecter probably has significantly better distribution than Mayones so if you need your sig model on the spot there's a good chance a music store will carry it lol.

Seems like a smart, no brainer to me. Especially if what you do is make your living off music

sell2792

Reaction score
All of this talk about inlays versus no inlays plus my longstanding and insatiable GAS for (another) Jackson COW 6/7 has got me thinking…

Why did LED fret lights never take off and become a more common feature? Sure it adds some cost to manufacturing but LEDs are dirt cheap and you can have them on or off and presumably change colors very easily. Just sayin’.

Zado

Reaction score
2914006534_gtr_cntbdyright_001_nr.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
All of this talk about inlays versus no inlays plus my longstanding and insatiable GAS for (another) Jackson COW 6/7 has got me thinking…

Why did LED fret lights never take off and become a more common feature? Sure it adds some cost to manufacturing but LEDs are dirt cheap and you can have them on or off and presumably change colors very easily. Just sayin’.
I just saw this and it seems a lot easier than expected to install an LED inlay system; at least for the front-facing inlays.

But I can imagine that's more shit that can go wrong and would require some hardcore neck surgery of an LED burns out or a wire/trace in the neck breaks. Also god forbid you're doing this to a set neck or neck-thru and something dies.

Also you know how most people feel about installing batteries into their guitars. :lol: I think the luminlay is the best compromise you can get.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is that the Browne aesthetic as defined by the Qatsi was over the top. Lots of contrasting bursts or fades, and then the crazy contrasting zebra BKPs.

Flip to the Schecter, and it's a uniform drab color on a low contrast veneer with black house built (even if they're USA) pickups.

I'm sure JB had input on a lot of the important specs on this but to me it's clear they're like "well, we want a modern prog ERG" and they mashed together Browne's specs with some stereotypical "metal guitar" stuff and called it a day.

I remember seeing an interview with him talking about the pickups, and he's like I always use Alnico pickups but the one they sent me was ceramic and I liked it, so that's what it is. It's like Schecter said "no no, metal guitar pickups are supposed to be ceramic bridge, alnico neck so that's what we're gonna do".

He also always insisted on the white ash body for it's tone and weight to fight neck dive. But the sig is swamp ash because that's the oo la la guitar spec buzzword. He spec'd his Mayo with purpleheart stripes in the neck, but the Schecter ended up with less expensive padauk stripes.

Schecter does some much crazier spec's stuff at that price point. I'm sure they could make a Qatsi with a Schecter headstock at or around that price point.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the six string version of this guitar and I absolutely love it.

20230902_140814.jpg

Now with Elden Ring pickups.

20230915_191613.jpg

No hands!

20230915_191105.jpg

With the rest of the Elden Ring family.

20230915_153032.jpg

The hardware on this guitar is great and the OG pickups were brilliant. If I didn't get the BKPs in advance I would've kept them.

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
What Bare Knuckles did you go for? How do they compare to the Browne signatures?

PietrOo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the six string version of this guitar and I absolutely love it.

View attachment 133657

Now with Elden Ring pickups.

View attachment 133658

No hands!

View attachment 133659

With the rest of the Elden Ring family.

View attachment 133660

The hardware on this guitar is great and the OG pickups were brilliant. If I didn't get the BKPs in advance I would've kept them.
I never in my life could have imagined elden ring guitar gear going so hard. It looks great especially the amp modeler. If you're getting other stuff you should consider putting the elden ring that you find in Farum Azula too, it looks so hypnotic.

Attachments

• FOst9jhWYAkTq_D.jpeg
    FOst9jhWYAkTq_D.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 10
')