Schecter John Browne signature?

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I never in my life could have imagined elden ring guitar gear going so hard. It looks great especially the amp modeler. If you're getting other stuff you should consider putting the elden ring that you find in Farum Azula too, it looks so hypnotic.

I'd love to make this guitar a full Elden Ring guitar.

20231003_091509_copy_1440x642.jpg

Based around this.

image-36.png

It can't be that hard to paint a guitar, can it? :playboy:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Actus
The problem is that the Browne aesthetic as defined by the Qatsi was over the top. Lots of contrasting bursts or fades, and then the crazy contrasting zebra BKPs.

Flip to the Schecter, and it's a uniform drab color on a low contrast veneer with black house built (even if they're USA) pickups.

I'm sure JB had input on a lot of the important specs on this but to me it's clear they're like "well, we want a modern prog ERG" and they mashed together Browne's specs with some stereotypical "metal guitar" stuff and called it a day.

I remember seeing an interview with him talking about the pickups, and he's like I always use Alnico pickups but the one they sent me was ceramic and I liked it, so that's what it is. It's like Schecter said "no no, metal guitar pickups are supposed to be ceramic bridge, alnico neck so that's what we're gonna do".

He also always insisted on the white ash body for it's tone and weight to fight neck dive. But the sig is swamp ash because that's the oo la la guitar spec buzzword. He spec'd his Mayo with purpleheart stripes in the neck, but the Schecter ended up with less expensive padauk stripes.

Schecter does some much crazier spec's stuff at that price point. I'm sure they could make a Qatsi with a Schecter headstock at or around that price point.
They actually had no say on anything except that I couldn’t do a headstock shape because of all the bullshit that goes with it, I did what I wanted, I’d already done the over the top bursts with Mayones and just wanted something a little bit more you know, uniform.

We’ve spoken about some cool unique finishes and a USA model but some of this stuff takes time.

And to answer another question, I moved from Mayones not for $$ reasons but when schaller discontinued the hannes for 7/8. Universe telling me to try something different!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Actus

They actually had no say on anything except that I couldn’t do a headstock shape because of all the bullshit that goes with it, I did what I wanted, I’d already done the over the top bursts with Mayones and just wanted something a little bit more you know, uniform.

We’ve spoken about some cool unique finishes and a USA model but some of this stuff takes time.

And to answer another question, I moved from Mayones not for $$ reasons but when schaller discontinued the hannes for 7/8. Universe telling me to try something different!
Was the headstock shape the one you have on some of your prototypes, or do you mean you couldn’t design a new headstock from scratch?

By the way, I just got the TAO-7 (purple) and it’s a blast to play! Congrats again on the sig, hope it has gone well for you and continues to in the future!

Zado

Reaction score
Designing a new headstock is a butt pain for both legal restrictions and for the undisputed fact that most people will complain no matter how cool it will be.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Actus

I have to personally thank you for a truly wonderful guitar. The last 3 years I bought, flipped, and traded four guitars looking for a worthy counterpart to my Schecter SLS Elite to be in D standard. I almost just bought another SLS Elite in another colour but I gave this a try instead. It's one of those guitars that the second I placed it in my hand, before I even played a single note, I knew I had the right guitar. The look, the feel, the hardware... It is quality throughout.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Anyone got pics of the other prototypes? The only ones I see have the final headstock.
You know what, I was thinking his 'reverse burst' prototype didn't have the 'layered' headstock with the exposed wenge on the edges, but now that I look closely, its the same as the production. Probably my bad on this one.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If you're talking about this one, yeah it has the black headstock with the raised part in the middle like the Scallon and KM MKII

There are some vids where he's playing the guitar really, and as you can see the guitar is an import/diamond series
IMG-20221101-162626.jpg

Now, if he was playing a custom usa model I'd agree with you, but I find hard to believe Schecter made him a one-off import model just because, without any mean to make in into future production model. And I'm not saying cause I want to believe he's gonna be a Schecter artist, I don't even know who the guy is (and I'm not fan of the guitar either).

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Designing a new headstock is a butt pain for both legal restrictions and for the undisputed fact that most people will complain no matter how cool it will be.

Well, us nerds will complain. Because we're generally cork headstock sniffers.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Actus

Wanted to share with you some praise for your Schecter sig!

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's a really nice move for everybody. Schecter is very well known brand with good exposure for their artists and much more attainable price points for the fans and aspiring guitarists alike. I got my FGN Mythic 7 after checking out your playthroughs - Prestige level craftmanship, excellent price point and approved by the man himself. What's not to like?

Similarly, I thought that it was quite cool for Dino Cazares to partner up with Ormsby, a brand that has cool guitars and enticing price points.

Here's some funny trivia: Name two guitarists known for their rhytm skills, who have their signature guitars made at the same factory, in a purple color finish :)
Снимок экрана 2023-12-30 в 17.31.48.png

Musiscience

Reaction score
I'd love to make this guitar a full Elden Ring guitar.

View attachment 133739

Based around this.

image-36.png

It can't be that hard to paint a guitar, can it? :playboy:
If you go into the project and have questions on refinishing and repainting, send me a DM. I’ve just refinished a few and could share a few lessons learned and tips from the experience.

')