Schecter John Browne signature?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Like back when it was a circle jerk of guitar flipping, flavor of the month builders and crying about special runs not being produced and oh yeah more guitar flipping? Those old days?
Don’t forget the “fly-by-night” builders absconding with customers’ deposit funds and vanishing off the face of the earth, the shitty mix critiques, the origins of “buy a used Prestige”, and certain notorious flippers who would lie about gear that they were selling and eventually got themselves perma-banned from multiple forums.

Hey, I never said that those days were “good ol’ days”, or even just “good”. :shrug:

I miss those days.
I miss those days. (x2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Don’t forget the “fly-by-night” builders absconding with customers’ deposit funds and vanishing off the face of the earth, the shitty mix critiques, the origins of “buy a used Prestige”, and certain notorious flippers who would lie about gear that they were selling and eventually got themselves perma-banned from multiple forums.

Hey, I never said that those days were “good ol’ days”, or even just “good”. :shrug:

I miss those days. (x2)
BRUH I WILL TOTALLY SELL YOU MY SPOT IN THE BUILD QUEUE PM FOR DETAILS.

Yeah i don't miss any of that shit either hahaha.

Zado

Reaction score
Screenshot-2023-01-11-22-43-28-161-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Screenshot-2023-01-11-22-43-37-862-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I need a spec sheet. Now! :agreed:
I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a more expensive 7 later this year, but these are pulling me in with the quickness. The last few Korean Schecters I’ve played have been insane. Like, just <5% shy of a high end Prestige or good Kiesel build.

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
From the above:

"Anyone who witnessed the awesome Aaron Marshall (Intervals) guitars that came out will be excited for this new axe for John Browne. The Aaron Marshall model reinforced that Schecter can nail a modern, versatile guitar with absolutely killer-voiced USA pickups. This new John Browne range shows that they have done that all over again for another absolutely stunning player. Available in 6, 7 and 8 string versions - with left-handed options for all - Schecter have surely got something for everyone here. Here at Peach we will be ordering all versions of this model but they are bound to go quickly.

Prog-metal master and Monuments man John Browne has a breadth of musical ground to cover every time he picks up a guitar. The new John Browne Signature Tao models provide a versatile arsenal of instruments carefully crafted to meet John's needs.

The flamed maple top veneer with a satin translucent purple finish provides a beautiful contrast to the beastly capabilities of these guitars. The contoured Swamp Ash body meets a Ultra Thin-U shaped Wenge/Padauk neck with Schecter's Ultra Access carve providing effortless reach all the way up the minimal, unadorned fretboard. The neck has carbon-fibre rods running through it for amazing strength and reinforcement to protect from humidity and temperature changes.

Custom voiced, USA-made Yin and Yang pickups provide all the tonal flexibility required to deliver everything from powerful riffs to delicate interludes, while the Graph Tech Black Tusq nut, Hipshot bridge and Hipshot Grip-Lock Tuners provide all the stability needed for when things get heavy. The pickups voicings are activated via a 3-way switch and a push/pull on the volume knob."

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
The only I thing I dislike about the guitars Browne had are the beetle KM MkII headstock. Since none of these promo shots are showing the headstock I’m left wondering if it looks better on the 7s.

Also, no mention of scale length. Should we assume Schecter’s standard 26.5”? Or 27” like the Qatsi baritones?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
From the above:

"Anyone who witnessed the awesome Aaron Marshall (Intervals) guitars that came out will be excited for this new axe for John Browne. The Aaron Marshall model reinforced that Schecter can nail a modern, versatile guitar with absolutely killer-voiced USA pickups. This new John Browne range shows that they have done that all over again for another absolutely stunning player. Available in 6, 7 and 8 string versions - with left-handed options for all - Schecter have surely got something for everyone here. Here at Peach we will be ordering all versions of this model but they are bound to go quickly.

Prog-metal master and Monuments man John Browne has a breadth of musical ground to cover every time he picks up a guitar. The new John Browne Signature Tao models provide a versatile arsenal of instruments carefully crafted to meet John's needs.

The flamed maple top veneer with a satin translucent purple finish provides a beautiful contrast to the beastly capabilities of these guitars. The contoured Swamp Ash body meets a Ultra Thin-U shaped Wenge/Padauk neck with Schecter's Ultra Access carve providing effortless reach all the way up the minimal, unadorned fretboard. The neck has carbon-fibre rods running through it for amazing strength and reinforcement to protect from humidity and temperature changes.

Custom voiced, USA-made Yin and Yang pickups provide all the tonal flexibility required to deliver everything from powerful riffs to delicate interludes, while the Graph Tech Black Tusq nut, Hipshot bridge and Hipshot Grip-Lock Tuners provide all the stability needed for when things get heavy. The pickups voicings are activated via a 3-way switch and a push/pull on the volume knob."
This has me more excited than I can possibly express in a forum post.

giphy.gif

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Just to add in here as Peach have the pickup names wrong 🤣.

The pickups are
Neck - Chaosbreaker
Bridge - Colossus

Bonus points to anyone who can guess where Tao, Colossus and Chaosbreaker comes from!
Are we to expect any USA variants of the model? If so I’d rather wait a little longer for those.

Latest posts

')