Schecter John Browne signature?

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Honestly my favorite of the bunch is the 8. The pointier shape fits an 8 string really well
It hurts how much I like these, especially the 8.

Didn't expect Schecter to be the ones to finally make the 8 string RGD I've always wanted lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
I could have sworn when I checked Zzounds yesterday it said “order now and get it by Jan. 29th” or something like that. Now it just has a generic preorder option. Either it was a mistake and these are a ways off, or maybe they had one en route that got scooped up right away.

I’d call them, but I’m at work right now. Just busy enough not to be able to walk away and make a frivolous phone call, but not too busy not to post on SSO. :lol:
I was there last week and the first batch was at the port of Los Angeles waiting to be delivered so I can imagine these will be rolling out pretty soon. We technically finished this guitar last year 🤣

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I was there last week and the first batch was at the port of Los Angeles waiting to be delivered so I can imagine these will be rolling out pretty soon. We technically finished this guitar last year 🤣
I did notice the headstock in the photo was stamped 21 :lol:
I had figured it was maybe a place holder neck at first, though. Do you have any idea how large the first batches of each model are?

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
There was around 90 of each on the first batch with about 7 lefties of each… and they have already had to re order all of them 🤣
I did notice the headstock in the photo was stamped 21 :lol:
I had figured it was maybe a place holder neck at first, though. Do you have any idea how large the first batches of each model are?

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Just saw the street price of the TAO 7 in Germany. I thought they might be in the same ballpark as a AM-7, but 2569,-€ is really crazy.
That's 700 more than a AM-7 and even more expensive than a KM7 mkIII artist

Guess I'll pass :rolleyes:

Edit: just noticed that shop being around 250€ more expensive reg all schecter models... :nuts:
Still was hoping the TAO 7 would be below 2k €

Last edited:

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
Just saw the street price of the TAO 7 in Germany. I thought they might be in the same ballpark as a AM-7, but 2569,-€ is really crazy.

Edit: just noticed that shop being around 250€ more expensive reg all schecter models... :nuts:

Jesus christ. My Mayones was literally only €511 more than that, even though I had a great dealer. At that point, why even go with Schecter?

Possessed

Reaction score

The shop normally has higher price tag. But still it is expensive

Oops didn't see you have found out 😊

Antiproduct

Reaction score
I guessed shipping to be around $300, then you have to pay 19% tax on guitar+shipping (you probably also want a case for protection). Import fees vary but can be anything between 5 and 15%.
And you have limited guarantee because your dealer is on the other side of the planet.

Zado

Reaction score
There's a reason "used prestige" is a thing. At 1500$ you can get a basically new prestige. The indo and WMI prices are out of control imo.

I foresee US and EU guitars gettin more space in the future.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
At 1500$ you can get a basically new prestige.
Mate, in the UK they're basically giving these things away. I see prices from £650 including the case, minor dings here and there.

There's a near mint 550 reissue on B.I.N for £550.

You could literally buy several used MIJ guitars for the cost of some new indo prices, its bewildering

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
I guessed shipping to be around $300, then you have to pay 19% tax on guitar+shipping (you probably also want a case for protection). Import fees vary but can be anything between 5 and 15%.
And you have limited guarantee because your dealer is on the other side of the planet.

Shipping 300? Is it really that insane these days?

CA 10 years ago I had a MusicMan Shipped from the midwest to Germany for 60 USD.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Mate, in the UK they're basically giving these things away. I see prices from £650 including the case, minor dings here and there.

There's a near mint 550 reissue on B.I.N for £550.

You could literally buy several used MIJ guitars for the cost of some new indo prices, its bewildering

What's B.I.N?

')