Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RaulThrashMetal

Crazy metal garage scientist
Reaction score
Maybe a Slime green or Absinthe frost like finish would look badass, or even a purple burst or lazer blue :shred: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
Yeah, finally some glossy Finishes:agreed:
I really liked the shape of it but there´s something that turns me off with satin Finishes:shrug:
I´d love one blue or purple !

Reet

Reaction score
Green, purple and blue would be sick for sure and seem to be desired by many. Personally i love that orange. No doubt its the next color km-7 i will be buying. Im sure it looks sick as hell in person. I'd love to see that binding in real life.

elhantiri

Reaction score
The KM-7 or 6 would look wickedly amazing in purple! Take a look at these ones
8ce3b5ce812b0e27828d8c1f40dbdfe4
DSCN2340.jpg.html

Attachments

• $_5f7x.JPG
    $_5f7x.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN2340.jpg
    DSCN2340.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Any news if they are releasing a KM-8 during 2015?

Imagine if they did something really cool like a very limited 50 run of KM-9 in trans white. I would lose my damn mind and preorder that immediately.

A fool can dream...

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
I won't lie. The colors are great and everything. They look really good but the original trans white still has my jaw on the floor. Even after it has been out this long the white KM-7 is my biggest lust in guitars. I couldn't get on the first run and I tear up every time one comes up for sale but hopefully one day soon I'll be able to finally snag one. The gas is real and everlasting with that one. :lol:

severe

Reaction score
Hi metalheads,

I'm new in this forum. Just bought my first Sevenstring one week ago.

A KM-7

As everybody agrees a very nice piece of hardware..... :hbang:

I play guitar about 25 years and owe a les paul, strat etc. It turned out that in the last years I was even more attracted to metal and wanted a real beast.

Got it....Love it :agreed:

A few things I wanted to ask you about are:

- The nazgul is compared to my other guitar (Super Distortion) is very very bright. This is nice for everything on low B string. But I have to adjust my amp from 12 to 9 on mids and highs to get a quite similar sound. Especially low E rhythms are a bit awkward sounding (Old school thrash). Would a 300k vol pot tame the beast a bit?

- After a week the vol is crackling. I got a fresh shipped guitar. The one I have tested in the Guitar Shop had the same issue.... Would have expected better electronics in an 1300 € Guitar, though. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

- Pickup cover do wear off after one day of playing. No big deal for me. But would maybe be better without the covers at all. Thinking about sanding to have an all copper look.

Take care!!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome! :wavey: The Nazgul does seem to be on the brighter side, but of course a maple + swamp ash guitar is not going to be dark sounding to begin with so it's likely that the Nazgul isn't the only thing making the tone of your guitar brighter. I find it's a good thing honestly as you can reduce highs/high-mids to help tame brightness, but it's hard to brighten up a guitar that sounds TOO dark. :lol: Also if you have your amp dialed in for a Les Paul or a Strat, odds are pretty good you're going to need to change the EQ for a 7 string if you want everything to sound perfect for that guitar, and if you're going for more metal tones the EQ and gain ranges are going to be a little bit different. :)

Several folks have had issues with the volume pot so you should be able to contact Schecter and they will work to get you a new one, I'm not sure what brand they sourced them from but I too was surprised to see so many of them having issues, definitely unfortunate.

With regard to the pickups, it's something to do with the material used to cover them. I know some guys who had been playing their guitars non-stop (and it might be worse depending on how much you sweat or how acidic it is, FWIW) had seen some of the black wearing off and that copper-colored cover showing below was visible, but I haven't heard of anyone doing it in one day. :lol: So far my covers are still in good shape, but my BKPs should be arriving soon (actually, I think today in fact!) so my Duncans won't be in there for much longer. :D

All of that being said, I'm still quite thrilled with the build quality of my KM7 (and the KM6 I had briefly was just as perfect!), so much so that I sent the KM6 back so I could wait for the Lambo orange 2015 model to drop and plan to snag another one! Seriously seems like one of the best production 7's on the market, IMHO, Schecter and Keith did everything right on this model and I couldn't be happier. I might even leave the other one stock as honestly I really do dig the Nazgul/Sentient combo in this guitar, but I was dying to try out the Juggernaut set as a lot of the clips I've heard recently sound killer. :wub:

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
You beat me to it HighGain! Just ordered a set of Juggernauts myself (classic brushed nickel covers with black screws).

Head's up to anyone considering swapping the Nazgul/Sentient set with BKPs or even DiMarzios; not only do the mounting holes not line up but you might have to pull the threaded metal inserts out of the body first (the pickups in mine weren't actually screwed into the wood itself in my guitar).

I really dig the feel of the guitar bit didn't love the Nazgul, and since I'm putting Ionizers in my 2228 (after selling my 7 string set) I figured I'd try something different here.

Reet

Reaction score
My volume pot is a little scratchy. Schecter sent me a brand new one no questions asked. Hell i didn't even email them. I sent drumcity guitarland a review of the guitar a week after i had it. He forwarded the email to them and customer service from Schecter contacted me within the same day. Great customer service imo. Yeah it really should have better electronics for the price tag but i'll take that instead of bad fretwork or something of that sort.

severe

Reaction score
After a bit eq got lot oft good tones! Pitty, now the toggle is also giving up Ehen switching to the sentient. I will bring it back and let the store change all electronics.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
ok keith, I know you're reading this and I'll keep it short.

if you bring out a KM7 in a metallic purple (or hell, any purple). I will buy one.
sad face at the passive banshee not being available in purple :(

severe

Reaction score
Has anybody the electrical specs of the KM-7? I need to know the details for the pot and the toggle switch.

Thanks!

Zado

Reaction score
Schecter already showed a good purple-finishing ability at the previous NAMM
CS-1FR%20-630-80.jpg

they just need to use this,and I will buy fo sho

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Has anybody the electrical specs of the KM-7? I need to know the details for the pot and the toggle switch.

Thanks!

Pot will be 500k audio taper, and the switch is a switch. I've never payed too much attention to different shapes and sizes of pickup switches but any three-way toggle switch will work.

')