Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
^this times a 1000.

Do that and release the KM-8...that's checkmate for me.

Insta preorder :yesway:

Schecter: You like money, right? Make this happen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
This
1005333_744795588870588_2017036918_n.jpg

But a KM-7, in satin.

slaws

Reaction score
So I finally got a KM-7 after a 2 month Musicians Friend back order. It seems to have Issues though. Scratchy pot and sudden volume drops to complete loss of signal. Another weird thing is that even though it came from MF it had Sweetwater hand written on the label. Maybe it was intended for SW from the factory and MF had a greater demand? :scratch: It's going back.

Those issues aside I don't know that I'm jiving with the overall feel of guitar. I have a mid 2000 C-7 that I love. I'm wondering how that natural limited banshee 7 at DCGL feels. I know it specs differently (lower?) but maybe that's what I like. Anybody have any opinions?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
My electronics are cutting out aswell. I need to get them re-done. I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker though.

What do you not like about the guitar? It has the same archtop body as a C-7. The Banshee model is more like an Ibanez with its arm contour. Tonally the Banshee would have a more attack because of the bolt-on neck.

slaws

Reaction score
My electronics are cutting out aswell. I need to get them re-done. I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker though.

What do you not like about the guitar? It has the same archtop body as a C-7. The Banshee model is more like an Ibanez with its arm contour. Tonally the Banshee would have a more attack because of the bolt-on neck.

I'm not really sure what I don't like. Maybe it's just psychological. It needs a setup and my brand of strings before I can really make a judgement. This is my first >$600 guitar so I guess my expectations were that it should be perfect. I'll give it more of a chance and maybe get one with proper electronics.

HRC51

Reaction score
When is the ORANGE KM-7 going to be available?

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Almost all of the Schecters I've played have had weird wiring. When switching pickups with the toggle you have to leave it in the middle position for a second. A little inconvenient but I love the guitars regardless. As for the orange, I'm guessing around the same time they released the first runs, only next year.

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
I might be a minority but I've never seen a yellow satin, or gloss burst flame maple finish and I'd certainly dig that. Always a sucker for a sexy purple or blue aswell.

dirty_Harry

Reaction score
I bought a White KM7 at the end of June. The guitar had a few problems, so I decided to return it and get it replaced. That was 4 months ago. I knew i had to wait for more guitars to arrive in the country but 4 months is a long time.

The distributor in Australia are D'addario They told me the next shipment would be in on the 10th Of Oct. I called the store i got it from
on the 10th and D'addario told them the shipment was delayed for another 3 weeks.

Now D'addario are saying the 10th of November. It sucks because I sold my Loomis 7 string to pay for it. Bit of rant but it's been a really frustrating time lol

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Almost all of the Schecters I've played have had weird wiring. When switching pickups with the toggle you have to leave it in the middle position for a second. A little inconvenient but I love the guitars regardless.

Had a similar problem with my Schecter Loomis NT where the neck pickup would sometimes not produce any signal until hitting the strings really hard or having to toggle back and forth a few times. The guys at Schecter were very kind and sent a replacement switch together with some other parts that had to be replaced free of charge. Replacing the switch solved the problem. Reminds me that I still need to check out the new JL-7 and the KM-7 guitars.

')