Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the natural at all, but now that I have one in person, I wouldn't have it any other way. The flame is out of this world.

It's funny because I commented on every single picture Schecter and Keith posted asking for a white one, now I honestly do not care. Haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dirtool

Reaction score
Hmm didn't seem like anyone post it so: The man himself playing the mk II. yes it is a video for some seymour duncan whatever pedal, but there is quite a good amount of photage of the guitar :)

:agreed:
i feel the sound is more my thing than the old one,the gas is growing!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
So THAT's the riff that's played under all the wanking. Never heard it before.

That tone is nasty good, though. Guitar ist hot as well.

Dammit

Reaction score
Hi, need a little help here.
I'm about to get a new 7strings and i was wondering if the KM7 has the same neck as the SLS C7 (which i love). Can sameone help me? The're not available in any store in my f***ed up town :noplease:

bastardbullet

Reaction score
Hi, need a little help here.
I'm about to get a new 7strings and i was wondering if the KM7 has the same neck as the SLS C7 (which i love). Can sameone help me? The're not available in any store in my f***ed up town :noplease:

It's same. Also, i guess the body specs are quite the same with hellraiser hybrid 7.

AWAX

Reaction score
Well gents, I pulled the trigger today and got my KM-7 in trans black. NGD incoming!
(As soon as I can figure out how to upload multiple pictures onto photobucket from my phone...)

shpence

Reaction score
I'm thinking about snagging Wes Hauch's PT-7 FR. Would prefer something other than white though.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
dfb9WBo.jpg

Hey guys, Forum brother TruckstopChuckie asked for a picture of my KM7 where the paint has oxidized so here it is. Its looks way more sickly green in real life, not as "dusty" looking...

I really love perfect white paint jobs on guitars but i have really grown to like this.

Reaction score
It's bit of a bittersweet NGD for me here. After waiting some 4 months to get it quality control has really failed on my new KM7 mkii. These look far worst in person than the photos.

This is hard to see but essentially their is a bubble in the finish 1 inch by a half inch. and the clear coat is already peeling at the tuning peg.
IMG_4390_zpscmfnc4fe.jpg

They forgot to fill the top of one of the luminlays so there is no covering over it as there should be.
IMG_4395_zpsobxtfkvg.jpg

Obvious tape line during finishing by the fret marker. This one is hard to see in the photos but sticks out in person pretty bad.
IMG_4398_zpsexaqqkrs.jpg

This really isn't the level of attention to detail I would expect for a nearly 1200 hundred dollar guitar.

On top of all of that... I bought the case, locked it and then the mechanism broke and it wouldn't unlock. Barely got it unlocked to get the guitar back out.

It sounds pretty good (although the A when dropped always seems out of tune but that may be a gauge issue) but honestly the craptacular QC left too sour a taste for me the enjoy the guitar properly. I suppose I'll reach out to Schecter and see how long it would take to replace with another one.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
It's bit of a bittersweet NGD for me here. After waiting some 4 months to get it quality control has really failed on my new KM7 mkii. These look far worst in person than the photos.

This is hard to see but essentially their is a bubble in the finish 1 inch by a half inch. and the clear coat is already peeling at the tuning peg.

They forgot to fill the top of one of the luminlays so there is no covering over it as there should be.

Obvious tape line during finishing by the fret marker. This one is hard to see in the photos but sticks out in person pretty bad.

This really isn't the level of attention to detail I would expect for a nearly 1200 hundred dollar guitar.

On top of all of that... I bought the case, locked it and then the mechanism broke and it wouldn't unlock. Barely got it unlocked to get the guitar back out.

It sounds pretty good (although the A when dropped always seems out of tune but that may be a gauge issue) but honestly the craptacular QC left too sour a taste for me the enjoy the guitar properly. I suppose I'll reach out to Schecter and see how long it would take to replace with another one.

Gutted to see this brother. Return it, that simply is not good enough.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
Certainly looks it, and it wouldn't be the first time Schecter have made that mistake on a signature model - there was a batch of Loomis models that had the same issue. I believe other occurrences too.

Yup. The frets on my Loomis NT looked exactly like these. I thought I'd never buy a Schecter again, but fell in love with a KM-7 (white) at a local guitar store...

GuitarBizarre

Listen to physics.
Reaction score
I know what you mean. There are definite risks involved with showing me a KM7 MK2 at the moment... serious risks... GAS Attacks man!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
You should return that straight away. Schecter do their setups and QC check in the US so it's inexcusable to let a guitar leave with such issues.

')