Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
If it's $2k but with no QC issues, I'm game. Judging by the current crop of mkii (see my previous post citing images from Schecter's own product page), I do not have too much confidence that would be the case, but I am hopeful.

stinkoman

Reaction score
If it's over $1500 I'm out. That's just too much for a Korean/WMI made instrument, no matter how many features it has.
I'm with you on not wanting to pay over $1500 for a Korean /WMI instrument, but that's the way its going anymore. I own a KM71, so Id really like a bolt on and hope it will be cheaper.

Paincakes

Reaction score
Did the "older" KM6 MKII ever go on "stupid deal of the day" like the KM7s did on a while back? I was hoping to snag one on clearance, but looks like the Fluence versions have replaced them online.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Did the "older" KM6 MKII ever go on "stupid deal of the day" like the KM7s did on a while back? I was hoping to snag one on clearance, but looks like the Fluence versions have replaced them online.
I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure it was only the KM7.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

Paincakes

Reaction score
Did they increase the price of these due to the Fishmans?
Yep. The KM7 MKII used to be $1,149.00 , now $1,469.00.
The KM6 MKII used to be about $1k, now $1,399.00 .

Might be other upgrades as well, but I was pretty happy with passive. I'm sure the Fishmans are great, but I'm a simple guy. A battery cavity is a tough sell for me.

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The only difference are the pickups and the extra route, personally I think they are crazy to ask $1470 for a KM7 MKII with Fishmans.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The only difference are the pickups and the extra route, personally I think they are crazy to ask $1470 for a KM7 MKII with Fishmans.

I think they have shot themselves in the foot with that pricing. While it does make sense to some degree (re-fitting a design is harder than making one from scratch, there's probably a stack of SD pickups that were ordered and paid for which they now have to do something with, and the cost of acquiring the Fishmans themselves), buying a used KM6/7 and putting Fishmans in it yourself is going to be significantly cheaper, or purchase a used one and leave it as is, the pickups in it are fantastic. About the only way I can see them moving them is if the price is dropped upon the release of the MkIII or the MkIII is nearly $2000USD in price.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I just wanted to also say fuck Schecter because they're hogging all the pickups while I wait for my Fishman KM set.. :(

+1. I'm ordering my first Warmoth, a sixer tribute to the KM (wood-choice wise, iwenge neck, swamp ash body, etc.), and it will be my first tele!
MF says the KM Fishmans are expected on 5/9, hopefully they don't push it back further.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I think they have shot themselves in the foot with that pricing. While it does make sense to some degree (re-fitting a design is harder than making one from scratch, there's probably a stack of SD pickups that were ordered and paid for which they now have to do something with, and the cost of acquiring the Fishmans themselves), buying a used KM6/7 and putting Fishmans in it yourself is going to be significantly cheaper, or purchase a used one and leave it as is, the pickups in it are fantastic. About the only way I can see them moving them is if the price is dropped upon the release of the MkIII or the MkIII is nearly $2000USD in price.
I think what bothers me the most is that you can get a Schecter C-7 SLS Elite with Fishman Moderns and IMO more exotic looking choice of woods for $1250 new. Now that's a price that's more accurate, but you're telling me the MK2 (a model that's older than the C-7 Elite) is $200 more? For what? Get out of here Schecter, you're drunk.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I think what bothers me the most is that you can get a Schecter C-7 SLS Elite with Fishman Moderns and IMO more exotic looking choice of woods for $1250 new. Now that's a price that's more accurate, but you're telling me the MK2 (a model that's older than the C-7 Elite) is $200 more? For what? Get out of here Schecter, you're drunk.

That's pretty shit. Although volume wise they'll probably sell more of those C-7s because they don't have someone's name on it (that's no slight against Keith, just quite a few people don't like sig gear) so they can sell at a lower cost (volume).

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
WEW, no way in hell I'm paying that much for one. I'll pick one up used. My KM7 was underwhelming to say the least, and I had like 7-800 into mine at the time.

I think after a discount getting a MkIII for somewhere in the 1100-1200 range is fair. But that depends on how well built the one I get feels. Hopefully they don't price these out too much since Poplar Tops aren't that expensive in the first place. There shouldn't be anything other than the bridge, a few woods, and design feature wise that sets it apart from the MKII.

')