Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Tried out a km7 mkii at riff city today. I really dug the feel of it, especially the neck profile. super comfy for me. I'm going back on saturday to try out the fluence loaded 6 string. dammit now I have GAS for a km7

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Tried out a km7 mkii at riff city today. I really dug the feel of it, especially the neck profile. super comfy for me. I'm going back on saturday to try out the fluence loaded 6 string. dammit now I have GAS for a km7
They really are worth it, especially with how cheap they get used. I may pickup a KM6 super cheap and just mod the hell out of it one day. I've always wanted to buy the natural MKII and stain it a color.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
They really are worth it, especially with how cheap they get used. I may pickup a KM6 super cheap and just mod the hell out of it one day. I've always wanted to buy the natural MKII and stain it a color.
yeah I'm kind of going back and forth on if I should get one new so I can get the fishman pickups, or if I should just pick up an older version and mod it.

stinkoman

Reaction score
They really are worth it, especially with how cheap they get used.

I got my second KM7I on my way thought I paid $499 for from guitar center with case. SS Frets, Hipshot bridge, Carbon Reinforced neck.decent locking tuners, and I like the Nazgul/Sentient pickups. I'm big ibanez fan boy, and hated schecters most my life.They might not be the same quality as used prestige, but I think for price they are a better value when you find used ones for cheap with all you get with it.

stinkoman

Reaction score
yeah I'm kind of going back and forth on if I should get one new so I can get the fishman pickups, or if I should just pick up an older version and mod it.

If you want fishmans, I'd Check out guitar center for a KM71 one and mod it IMO, and then sell the semour duncans to recoup cost.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
If you want fishmans, I'd Check out guitar center for a KM71 one and mod it IMO, and then sell the semour duncans to recoup cost.
I did just that except with Bareknuckles instead of Fishmans. Though the control cavity is pretty tight so with the push-pull, I don't know if the battery will fit in a KM7-I

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I did just that except with Bareknuckles instead of Fishmans. Though the control cavity is pretty tight so with the push-pull, I don't know if the battery will fit in a KM7-I
It sadly won't. While the pickups will fit into the MK1, the battery will not. You'll have to route a spot for the batter. But this is what I want to do with an MK2. Plus a new finish. I think it's really only worth it to you if you make it a mod/project guitar.

Zado

Reaction score
34718398_2038903062805049_2515882724057677824_n.jpg

34701452_2036842999677722_4809084575072387072_n.jpg

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the one we've already seen. Lots of blue tints in the shadows and stuff deceiving you I think.
A blue one would be sweet though
Are you saying that's supposed to be the purple and blue one? It sure doesn't look like it, and it's definitely not the black one because of the strong burst. I'm probably wrong though.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Is that..... a blue one!?

Pretty sure it's the one we've already seen. Lots of blue tints in the shadows and stuff deceiving you I think.
A blue one would be sweet though

Are you saying that's supposed to be the purple and blue one? It sure doesn't look like it, and it's definitely not the black one because of the strong burst. I'm probably wrong though.

that definitely looks like a blue burst to me.

I follow him on Instagram. It's what he took to Turkey and Tel Aviv and I'm pretty sure it's the ONLY guitar he took with him. I'm 100% certain it's the same one we've all seen already. Unless you guys haven't seen this one yet. It's been shown for quite a while now though.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjot-YjFK1u/?taken-by=keithmerrow

33192954_1610059085760124_378681369498222592_n.jpg

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
weird how the lighting in the club pics makes the blue/purple look teal/grey to me... dammit now I want a turquoise mkii.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
weird how the lighting in the club pics makes the blue/purple look teal/grey to me... dammit now I want a turquoise mkii.

So do I! :lol:
I doubt they will since that's super close to the purple. I wish they did more than just 2 finishes like they did with the KM MK-II though. The KM MK-I came in like 5 colors. Black, white, blue, lambo green, and lambo orange.

')