Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
It’s an obvious take on the plates like Blackmachine uses, and Blackmachine uses non-recessed hex head screws to hold it on.

Maybe that’s what Schecter should use too if they can’t recess the screws (the hex heads at least won’t snag anything).

To me it’s sloppy looking and you should not see sloppy looking things on a $5k guitar. If the body is too thin to properly execute a useless cosmetic feature: the better course is to NOT DO IT. At least to me.

That said, it wouldn’t stop me from buying one if I otherwise liked the guitar specs. It’s just not a big deal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
If you're implying that you're overall busy man who has no time to notice small things, and those who notice it either aren't busy at all or shouldn't have noticed it, well, I can't share your point of view.

My comment was about QC and I was wondering if Schecter Custom Shop has attention to detail. People here and there say that American made custom shop is top-notch, close-to-flawless, impeccable etc etc. In my opinion if you do something at "premium" price, that should be completely free of (noticeable) imperfections no matter how easy is to fix them. That's why some people buy expensive stuff and not, for example, Harley Benton, because they'd rather invest their time (which is limited, let me remind you) playing and enjoying wonderful instrument rather than playing in luthier. And, IMHO, the less spare time you have - the more you value perfections in those "small things".
For the record - I am not saying that fixing cheap guitars is bad thing though, it's just not for everyone.

At least, that's my thoughts when I charge more than competitors for comparable item / service. And I think same idea applies here as well.

No you just asked if you were being too picky, my answer was that in my opinion you are.

I agree that attention to detail is important I think if you're looking at the pictures close enough to notice that "issue" with the screws, you should also notice that clearly they have paid attention to detail in every other aspect and that the guitars are infect close to flawless.

I personally would say they are flawless and would not count that as a flaw, maybe seeing it in person would change my mind but too me this guitar looks like a work of art. And I am someone who does prefer to buy higher end instruments (Mayones, Gibson, ect) for the very reasons you mentioned

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
And I am someone who does prefer to buy higher end instruments (Mayones, Gibson, ect) for the very reasons you mentioned

Gibson is a good example for me. I’ve bought some fairly pricey Gibsons. NONE have been flawless. There’s always some niggle I could pick about the binding or paint bleed or whatever. But I don’t care as long as it’s a Les Paul that does what a Les Paul should do.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Gibson is a good example for me. I’ve bought some fairly pricey Gibsons. NONE have been flawless. There’s always some niggle I could pick about the binding or paint bleed or whatever. But I don’t care as long as it’s a Les Paul that does what a Les Paul should do.

Yeah I need to take a picture of mine, there is like the tiniest bit of paint on the binding like barely percetible down by the 21st fret, I know some people would return it for that, for me whatever the guitar is still amazing.

Zado

Reaction score
Gibson players tend to say they don't spend big money on a flawless instrument, but on a spectacular sounding one. That's not totally out of mind either. Schecter USA CS tend to make flawless AND great sounding stuff tho.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Gibson players tend to say they don't spend big money on a flawless instrument, but on a spectacular sounding one. That's not totally out of mind either. Schecter USA CS tend to make flawless AND great sounding stuff tho.

Yeah I hope to grab a Schecter USA at some point in the future, could maybe cure my explorer gas at the same time since Schecter does make a nice explorer shape.

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah I hope to grab a Schecter USA at some point in the future, could maybe cure my explorer gas at the same time since Schecter does make a nice explorer shape.
You gotta be very patient for a USA E-1 or V-1 tho

Zado

Reaction score
37775435_2112188162143205_6971717380179230720_n.jpg

37785713_2112188212143200_5174648551807909888_n.jpg

37750676_2112188268809861_1830406085349998592_n.jpg

37763463_2112188305476524_7954557372410626048_n.jpg

37608793_2112188352143186_5009650682983088128_n.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
Be prepared, I guarantee it will. I'll eat a shoe if this thing is under $1300.
I'd be surprised if it's under 1700. Korean made stuff has gotten more expensive, that's not a surprise, but it's not easy to find a guitar with those specs in a way cheaper price range

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Be prepared, I guarantee it will. I'll eat a shoe if this thing is under $1300.
I can basically guarantee it'll be over 1500. that's what new km7 mkii are going for, and there's no way these will be retailing for less (at least initially).

Latest posts

')