Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Interesting that the neck width is different. I was really looking forward to the thicker neck on the USA model to try for a 7. Wonder if it’s a typo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Interesting that the neck width is different. I was really looking forward to the thicker neck on the USA model to try for a 7. Wonder if it’s a typo.

I’d be willing to bet it’s not a typo as the specs match the MkII. As close as everything else is, there has to be some details that are exclusive to the US models (not to mention have a one off neck contour would probably raise the price on the import).

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been super curious about these Keith Merrow models. Ive always shied away from Schecter 7s because their necks were akin to baseball bats (i played a Hellraiser 7 and an Omen 7) just super thick.... have their neck profiles changed?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Ive been super curious about these Keith Merrow models. Ive always shied away from Schecter 7s because their necks were akin to baseball bats (i played a Hellraiser 7 and an Omen 7) just super thick.... have their neck profiles changed?
The ultra thin C (the one on the KMs and SLS 7s) are the thinnest 7 string necks I've ever played. They are only 19-20mm thick.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
The ultra thin C (the one on the KMs and SLS 7s) are the thinnest 7 string necks I've ever played. They are only 19-20mm thick.

Hmmmm..... that puts it right around tolerable for me depending on the radius. Hows the radius on those beasts?

Alexlopez

Reaction score
I never would have figured people would dislike a compound radius (given it's in the range of thinness they like).
I thought it was generally accepted as an upgrade to not have the entire board the exact same radius.
I agree with you. But you know preference is gonna vary from player to player...

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Don't know but he posted this on Facebook:

To me that sounds like he wants to give it a try.
hmm, interesting. Earlier in this thread (like months ago) he said he didn't feel comfortable putting out a guitar that he doesn't play (ie an 8 string version of the KM).

Latest posts

')