Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I never would have figured people would dislike a compound radius (given it's in the range of thinness they like).
I thought it was generally accepted as an upgrade to not have the entire board the exact same radius.

to most, this would absolutely be the case, but alas, Im excruciatingly picky. Dont get me wrong, that 16" at the end of the radius is tolerable, but the 14" down @ the 1st fret where I spend most of my time is much more rounded than my hands prefer. Now dont get me wrong, Im not saying anything negative about the compound radius, its amazing for the majority of players. Just doesnt tickle the fancy of this fella :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
You’d like the JL7... 16” radius
Still with the ultra thin c profile which is thinner than any of my MIJ Ibanez 7s

the JL7? Is it a Schecter? linkage? :)

//////////////////////////// disregard, had a brain fart //////////////////////////

Ive seen the Loomis model for a long while now, but the maple boards a deal breaker for me lol. Same with the body being Swamp Ash, deal breaker.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

//////////////////////////// disregard, had a brain fart //////////////////////////

Ive seen the Loomis model for a long while now, but the maple boards a deal breaker for me lol. Same with the body being Swamp Ash, deal breaker.

Seems like a lot of guitar ranges have switched to swamp ash lately or maybe I'm just hyper sensitive to it after buying a few

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
So uhh I'm behind the ball here but I see the import MKIII's are rolling out. Have any plans for a 6 been discussed? Because I won't be able to stop myself.

Reactions: BTS

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score

You'd probably like the banshee elite's its got some ash but 20" radius and available with floyd or hipshot, could likely fit that ibanez bridge that gives you a boner fairly easily. But I don't know like I said in the other thread I'm much more willing to try different woods, I mean I have two mahogany maple guitars that sound nothing like each other so I don't rule out an entire species of wood at once as sounding bad.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
You'd probably like the banshee elite's its got some ash but 20" radius and available with floyd or hipshot, could likely fit that ibanez bridge that gives you a boner fairly easily. But I don't know like I said in the other thread I'm much more willing to try different woods, I mean I have two mahogany maple guitars that sound nothing like each other so I don't rule out an entire species of wood at once as sounding bad.

The current models of the Banshee Elite 7 are 12-16" compound as well

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score

I try not dismissing woods altogether unless Ive tried a couple of them to make sure its not just a one-off thing that I didnt like that particular one. For 6s, I swear by mahogany, but for 7s, Im alittle more open depending on scale. Reason being is that when I had a 1077XL, that thing was basswood but kicked so much ass in the tone department, even before I put 707s in it. Never could find a basswood 6 that captured a similar voicing, but that would be a tall order due to different wood amounts in the necks.

shoot for a while there, when I wasnt focused on playing 7 tunings, i used the 1077 to play in Drop A# with a doubled 1st string. That was a lot of fun too!

Alexlopez

Reaction score
DCGL just sent me a pic of my MKiii

Attachments

• D1746310-E871-4209-BA3E-5617226456B0.jpeg
    D1746310-E871-4209-BA3E-5617226456B0.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 99

Alexlopez

Reaction score
Sorry man, stupid question: Is that a Custom Shop or an import?

I was thinking of asking the same thing haha. I'm pretty sure it's the import though.
Yea it’s the import..
from what I’ve gathered

Imports have burl tops. Veneer

USA bolt-ons have flame tops
USA neck-thru have quilted tops

')