Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scottbeckman

Guitarist @ Lightswarm
Reaction score
Cool!
I also ordered one (left handed) hope it lives up to the expectations!.

What do you think of the guitar so far?:)

Loving it. The pickups are great and it plays super fast. Definitely a metal/shredder guitar. The pickups are pretty hot for Logic's onboard patches, though, so it might not replace my Schecter ATX-7 for recording rhythms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo Shinigami

Said the p-word once
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to check the tuners. I don't think they're slipping, but it could be.

I guess I can try wrapping the strings normally.
Sometimes the string itself can just be a lemon too, if none of those solutions worked.

When I got one of my guitars plek'd, the tech dipped into both sets of strings that he recommends bringing for the process, intonated everything, and still couldn't get the 5th string to intonate properly, despite the saddle and everything else being in place.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Really want to grab one of these import MKIII's, I played my buddy's and I was seriously impressed with how well put together it was. Been looking for a hardtail 7 string too so it would work out pretty well. I saw those B Stocks on reverb, has anyone bought a B Stock schecter? I know a few dealers sell a lot of them.

Indigo Shinigami

Said the p-word once
Reaction score
Really want to grab one of these import MKIII's, I played my buddy's and I was seriously impressed with how well put together it was. Been looking for a hardtail 7 string too so it would work out pretty well. I saw those B Stocks on reverb, has anyone bought a B Stock schecter? I know a few dealers sell a lot of them.
I bought a B-Stock Blackjack SLS 7 string a few years ago, and that served me well for a good while, and I was able to get the action really, really low on it. It did have some cosmetic blemishes, but I went into buying it with that in mind. But for the MKIII artists specifically, I'd assume they're a lot of the returns with fretboard flaking and whatnot.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ Liked it but I thought it was missing some Loomis type shredding, Vogg's (1st time I hear of him, sorry) playing did not do it for me. Amazing drummer though!

I may be just wanting another Conjuring Dystopia album that bad, lol.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
^ Liked it but I thought it was missing some Loomis type shredding, Vogg's (1st time I hear of him, sorry) playing did not do it for me. Amazing drummer though!

I may be just wanting another Conjuring Dystopia album that bad, lol.
Ever hear of the band Decapitated? Vogg is the main guitarist for them, he fuckin shreds.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Does Vogg use a feedback pedal or something? It sounds a bit ... unusual ? at times but I can't tell what it is.

Sounds like a whammy, mostly lightly used but in the end he kicks it in more. With delay and maybe touch of reverb it makes really eerie sounding tone.

Last edited:

fgmirra

Reaction score
I think Vogg was more concerned with music overall than trying to play something difficult, he's a great guitar player though. Keith Merrow could value a little more bass in his songs, as Alex Webter did in the album Conquering Dystopia.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
I dig the song since its different than the rest of his compositions, but overall it sounded like a less technical Alluvial song.

Still solid though.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Forgive me if this was discussed. It has been a minute since I have been here and there are 231 pages. I read the last few pages and didn't see anything.

Has anyone got the KM7 mk-iii standard? Looks like a fair price but how does it compare to the artist? I can see the differences with neck wood, pickups and bolt on. Country of origin doesn't matter to me as I have seen some crappy work from the artist but I am looking for a comparison to see if it worth it.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
DCGL just announced the new MK3 Standards are arriving this week and are only $899! Honestly I might consider one as a mod project.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
dammit I really want that km3 with the predator inlays, but I have a feeling I'd end up refinishing it because the grey is hella boring. Slime green would have fit the predator motif so much better imo.

Latest posts