Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Just wanted to come in here and say that Keith arranged for Schecter to send me a new tuner on Monday. Great dude and good company to buy from. It shall rock again!

That is awesome customer service. It's great to hear something like that. What a lot of business forget is how important customer service can be. It many ways its what keeps customers coming back and even helps sell you to new prospective customers.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
That is awesome customer service. It's great to hear something like that. What a lot of business forget is how important customer service can be. It many ways its what keeps customers coming back and even helps sell you to new prospective customers.

Especially since the damage had nothing to do with Schecter! That's pretty incredible, I cant think of another company that would do that.

steinmetzify: "UMMM my cat broke my guitar"

Schecter Rep: "No prob, we like cats too, we will send you a new tuner"

TraE

Reaction score
Just in case anyone's waiting on their KM (like me), I got a response from Hans from Schecter today. He said they're expecting an order of black only (just my luck, /sigh) KMs this week with no ETA on the white ones. This wait is proving to be a difficult. I hope the guitar is worth it but I definitely think it will be.

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
Just in case anyone's waiting on their KM (like me), I got a response from Hans from Schecter today. He said they're expecting an order of black only (just my luck, /sigh) KMs this week with no ETA on the white ones. This wait is proving to be a difficult. I hope the guitar is worth it but I definitely think it will be.

If you lived local, I'd totally let you jam on mine to see how sweet it is. Then again, I'm not sure how much that would help with your wait, it would probably just make it worse. :lol:

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score

this thread has been a rollercoaster...

each time i get my hopes up that my guitar might be on it's way soon it's quickly stomped by reports that the exact opposite will happen.

TraE

Reaction score
If you lived local, I'd totally let you jam on mine to see how sweet it is. Then again, I'm not sure how much that would help with your wait, it would probably just make it worse. :lol:
Hahah, thanks man. I'm not sure if that would help or make it worse, either.
this thread has been a rollercoaster...

each time i get my hopes up that my guitar might be on it's way soon it's quickly stomped by reports that the exact opposite will happen.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. sucks for me too, man.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having to wait forever for my KM7 to ship but there is good news:

1: The estimated delivery from Amazon is between May 12-June 7th (hilarious I know). I'm in a different state anyway so not a huge deal, and that plays in because...

2: I'll be PCS'ing to Georgia and spending my leave time in Jacksonville Florida right around that delivery time which means...

3: Animals as Leaders and Conquering Dystopia are playing in my hometown! Keith, if you are reading this I should hopefully have my backplate on hand for you to sign!

Looking forward to an awesome show.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
what color did you order? i just asked my retailer for an update and they're going to contact Schecter and get back to me.

i'm likely in that delayed pool too. (hopefully not worse)

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered a white one in february when they dipped down to $787 for like a day.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
I ordered a white one in february when they dipped down to $787 for like a day.

Holy ....ing shit. I refuse to pay 1300€ when some get it for 570€. Why would anyone do that when shipping with taxes would be less.

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Just had what was going to be a Middle of April delivery pushed back to Middle of May at the earliest!!!

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Just had what was going to be a Middle of April delivery pushed back to Middle of May at the earliest!!! So much demand! haha

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm curious to see/hear about the setup on your KM7. I can't seem to get the action nearly as low on my KM7 as my Hellraiser FR. I think maybe because tremolo's allow you to get the action completely flat across the whole neck, but I'm not sure. My action is nearly twice as high on my KM7, and I can't lower it anymore without it buzzing. Any tips/advice on adjustment?

MBMoreno

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm curious to see/hear about the setup on your KM7. I can't seem to get the action nearly as low on my KM7 as my Hellraiser FR. I think maybe because tremolo's allow you to get the action completely flat across the whole neck, but I'm not sure. My action is nearly twice as high on my KM7, and I can't lower it anymore without it buzzing. Any tips/advice on adjustment?

My guess would be the truss-rod poorly adjusted. "Too flat" of neck isn't always the best thing

TheMobGoesWild

Adjust My Pants
Reaction score
First time poster, obviously...so hey, fellas. Been a long time member of other forums you may have heard of, different moniker. BUT, placed an order for one of these in trans black with my Sweetwater guy on Friday...and as us musicians are won't to do, I've been scouring the internet for info, clips, and everything else I can find...most of that seRch led me here. :). Patience is not one of my virtues, so I'm hoping Schecter gets the order filled to SW and shipped out to me soon. :) Can't WAIT to get this thing plugged into my 6505+ and see how filthy it sounds.

dametalbeast

dametalbeast
Reaction score

you might need to give the neck some relief. I will say mine is really low, how I prefer it, and it went without having to adjust anything.

')