Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ I appreciate the effort and time, and his playing demoing the guitar was great, but saying or suggesting that 26.5" scale is not for lead playing is just...wrong!

To me, and I have average hands, I love both the sound and feel of the longer scale, specially for the higher frets.

break

Reaction score
Hi guys - Long time lurker and definite KM-7 purchaser (Once they make it to Aus!)

Aussie GAS'sers rejoice! I have just noticed that Schecter Guitar Centre have these available for order on their website at a not too OTT $1545 AUD. Not only is this exciting knowing that they aren't going to cost an arm and a leg over here, but it means that there must be progress being made on actually getting some of these guitars into Australia. This makes me want Tax time to hurry the f**k up so I can order one ASAP!

Happy days!
I'm from Australia, and it still worked out MUCH cheaper to order mine from the US, so that's what I've done (in white, to contrast my black SLS that I also purchased from the US due to the massive price savings).

emroth

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort and time, and his playing demoing the guitar was great, but saying or suggesting that 26.5" scale is not for lead playing is just...wrong!

To me, and I have average hands, I love both the sound and feel of the longer scale, specially for the higher frets.

Totally agree. Aaron Marshall practically recorded the In Time EP only using the RGD2127z. His lead playing and tone is phenomenal. I would go for a Carvin if I were you (OP).

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
^ I appreciate the effort and time, and his playing demoing the guitar was great, but saying or suggesting that 26.5" scale is not for lead playing is just...wrong!

Every time i think about the scale length thing I remind my self Jeff Loomis* and Tosin Abasi* do just fine!

*Even though they are from a freakish alien master race.

dirtool

Reaction score
hi Keith,since you have experienced all the sd pickups, would you leave some comment about every models please?

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

dirtool

Reaction score

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'd also love it if keith could write down a sentence or two about each pickup. I'd say half of what makes a pickup good/bad is its response when you play, which is something that just doesn't come across in a video.

I also understand he may not remember much about some pickups he only briefly tried a while ago though, haha.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Right, My KM7 in white is ordered... Now we play the waiting game:

139562719409.gif

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
I'd also love it if keith could write down a sentence or two about each pickup. I'd say half of what makes a pickup good/bad is its response when you play, which is something that just doesn't come across in a video.

I also understand he may not remember much about some pickups he only briefly tried a while ago though, haha.

Duncan has a lot of pickups. I wish I had time to do that for you guys, but I'm out on tour right now and the bus wifi is kinda weak. For now, check out the videos and sound clips on my YouTube page. :yesway:

miked

Reaction score
Hey guys! Uploaded a video on youtube! I used my km 7 if ya wanna sound test! Hope you enjoy. And Keith I saw you at the Palladiam. Ma. Sick ass ducking show man! Sound was amazing!

Reaction score
I bought a Schecter KM-7 about a month ago and I have a little problem with the covered pickups, due to my sloppy technique, there is a little spot on the edge of the bridge pickup where the paint is coming of, not a big deal but it just looks shabby.
I have no experience with covered pickups (except actives) and I would like to know if I could remove/change the covers, or would there be any difficulties with wax, glue etc. ?

benfan

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the finish? I played a trans white one yesterday and the finishing around the pickup cavity routes was a little suspect.
For a £1020 guitar I would have expected better.

TraE

Reaction score
I bought a Schecter KM-7 about a month ago and I have a little problem with the covered pickups, due to my sloppy technique, there is a little spot on the edge of the bridge pickup where the paint is coming of, not a big deal but it just looks shabby.
I have no experience with covered pickups (except actives) and I would like to know if I could remove/change the covers, or would there be any difficulties with wax, glue etc. ?
I'm sure you could change the pickup covers, but honestly man, I wouldn't worry about it. Your right hand (which sweats, just like the rest of your body) sits right on top of the bridge pickup and over time it's just going to happen. Adds to the character of the guitar.
Has anyone had any issues with the finish? I played a trans white one yesterday and the finishing around the pickup cavity routes was a little suspect.
I understand that you spent a lot of money on the guitar and you want it to be perfect, but honestly almost everyone who got the trans white has had the same issue (including me). It doesn't affect the playability and isn't blatantly noticeable so therefore I got over it. If you wanted to really fancy you might be able to take a really small file and file down the inner edges of the cavity.

chopeth

Reaction score

Thanks for the warning, I think I'll finally wait for the purple banshee. :yesway:

')