Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
Guys, it looks like it's available at DCGL and Amazon. I would just cancel the current order and order from them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
How about writing schecter or making some petition about the situation? if they see people is not happy with their QC they will have to fix the problem :D

channie

Reaction score
How about writing schecter or making some petition about the situation? if they see people is not happy with their QC they will have to fix the problem :D

dropped them a email on it, they haven got back to me yet though

Keith must be feeling bad about this :(

channie

Reaction score
If one mail isn't enough,tons of 'em will be plenty:fawk:

release-the-kraken.jpg

BiPolarMachine

BiPolar Machine
Reaction score
I would send an email to Keith or message him on Facebook. He left S7G because of their bad QC, I'm sure he would address the issues

TheMobGoesWild

Adjust My Pants
Reaction score
There are absolutely no issues with mine, finish or otherwise. Since I just got it last week, I'd think it came from this current batch. Also, rewind back through the thread, Schecter has agreed to help anyone who wasn't satisfied with their purchase.

But, and this is just me personally, a couple of minor finish issues wouldn't be enough to go through the hassle of returning the guitar and then waiting God knows how long for a replacement to arrive. It plays great, and it sounds great. Sure, it helps that it's pretty, but if the playability and sound are here, I can easily live with any minor finish issues. But again, mine doesn't have any of that to begin with.

Zado

Reaction score
Here in EU the KM-7 costs about 1350€...I'd be highly pissed of to buy a- guitar for that much with that kind of scretches.I'm ok if they offer me one as Bstock for 800-900€,but not much more than that for sure.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Let's be serious for a moment, are any of your frets popping out and your fretboards shrinking because they weren't properly cured? Don't compare small finish issues with something as severely horrible as what S7G put out.

Schecter will get back to you, they're not some one man shop that can just run with your money and stop offering support. They're production guitars with a new finish that they're trying to meet the demand with. And if I'm being honest, it's a 1000$ guitar I'm not expecting perfection with it that's the threshold in my mind where you'd be getting something better than a basic intermediate guitar. Sure it shouldn't have any flaws, but people seem to forget what other guitars are in this price range as well.

Zado

Reaction score
The problem there seems almost like lack of glue:scratch: the joint is immaculate as new!

Also,isn't the tenon a bit too short?

Reaction score
I was about to buy the KM-7 thanks to this thread i saw much time ago, i follow you since the first prototype but a as a guest.

Thanks to this thread i forgot too all of my desires that were gasing me on new schecters.

In my country this axe costs about 1300€=1764$ and we pay Mayones at this price worthing much more the sacrifice. So i think i avoided all of this parkinson-routed woods, bad finishes, necks not glued (like the one above).

Obviously american people have not my problem, is a low cost guitar but for us europeans is a scandal, specially because Schecter made awesome and cheap stuff in last years (i played a HEX, good as hell).

Is not important if Schecter could send me another guitar without the issue after a bad one received. Buying at my price range is much risky because fail rate is very high compared to other brands i see on market. And, who spends 1300 with a good probabilty to send the guitar back?

Some esp ltd guitars showed me some surprices but never seen things like that in photos. If this are the known issues i cannot imagine how much hidden issues will pop up in a year of playing.

This is a shame and a missed opportunity: Mr. Keith did awesome design work and choice of materials, i would have preferred a higher price range but a better guitar. This guitar deserves much more than a low cost product.

I hope next year KM-7 will be upgraded to a higher quality one, for now in Europe it worths max 900€=1221$, not a cent more. Otherwise stay sure the KM-7 will sleep in stocks for much time.

Zado

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know anyone planning to get one in a near future,and I can see the reason:spock: 1300€'s not an indecent price for a guitar in general,but like said it's an amount of money that requires a certain sacrifice,especially in EU,especially here and now.

I love Schecter, you all know how supportive I am towards them,and I've no problem in spending that much for one of their guitars or Korean ones in general,since I don't care where the guitar is crafted as long as it's well made.But yeah,it gotta be well made. Many say "it's just cosmetic issues,they don't affect playability!"...sure,but for the same money I can have quality (possibly superior) AND flawless finish...not sure what my loyalty can sustain,but I guess new Schecters can really collect dust in the shop if prices won't get on par with quality; maybe the problem is I am too loyal,while I should just support local builders without much concern :shrug:

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I was about to buy the KM-7 thanks to this thread i saw much time ago, i follow you since the first prototype but a as a guest.

Thanks to this thread i forgot too all of my desires that were gasing me on new schecters.

In my country this axe costs about 1300€=1764$ and we pay Mayones at this price worthing much more the sacrifice. So i think i avoided all of this parkinson-routed woods, bad finishes, necks not glued (like the one above).

Obviously american people have not my problem, is a low cost guitar but for us europeans is a scandal, specially because Schecter made awesome and cheap stuff in last years (i played a HEX, good as hell).

Is not important if Schecter could send me another guitar without the issue after a bad one received. Buying at my price range is much risky because fail rate is very high compared to other brands i see on market. And, who spends 1300 with a good probabilty to send the guitar back?

Some esp ltd guitars showed me some surprices but never seen things like that in photos. If this are the known issues i cannot imagine how much hidden issues will pop up in a year of playing.

This is a shame and a missed opportunity: Mr. Keith did awesome design work and choice of materials, i would have preferred a higher price range but a better guitar. This guitar deserves much more than a low cost product.

I hope next year KM-7 will be upgraded to a higher quality one, for now in Europe it worths max 900€=1221$, not a cent more. Otherwise stay sure the KM-7 will sleep in stocks for much time.

Valid points! I have to pay 4 times as much for a Mayones than I do this Schecter. I would be all over a Mayo at this price!

TraE

Reaction score
No.that's why they have the find a dealer Window.
Yeah, but they have that AND the buy now button, which implies that they're selling direct. I actually went on Schecter's website just to try it out and it definitely adds it to a "Schecter" cart. When you try to checkout it asks you if you have made an account with Schecter guitars or not. All of the above sounds to me like they're selling it directly.

Reaction score
IIRC these Schecters are made by the same people that produce the higher end LTDs.
Earlier this year i desperately tried to get a new well made LTD Buz-7.
After 5 guitars i gave up as much as i loved to buy one.
BTW they seemed to be out of the same batch.
They had flaws, that i've never seen on other guitars in that quantity (and most notably regularity) especially at the given pricepoint (1200€ without a case or bag)
but also on considerably cheaper ones. Looked like they didn't had enough time to built and paint them properly.
Quality control? Maybe they've only made sure that there is the right name one the headstock... i don't know. I was really disappointed.
Maybe i'll post some pics in the Buz-7 Thread at a time.

Long story short:
What i want to say is, that i'm really not surprised to see all these issues with the KM-7 considering who makes em. Many of them are of the same kind of what i've seen on the Buz-7s.

The factory seems to produce above their "healthy" maximum output-level.

')