Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elhantiri

Reaction score
Hi Keith! i know that the km-7 has a carbon fiber reinforced neck, but what about km-6?? The specs on schecter website show that the km-6 has no carbon fiber reinforcement, they might have omitted to mention it? I'll really appreciate your answer. Thank you

triski

Reaction score
a friend of mine just bought this amazing guitar for only USD700 !! (after discount, of course)

can somebody please explain to me, how this guitar (and so many other schecter models) priced so cheap with those high-end specs?

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
a friend of mine just bought this amazing guitar for only USD700 !! (after discount, of course)

can somebody please explain to me, how this guitar (and so many other schecter models) priced so cheap with those high-end specs?

Foreign labor and probably great deals with the suppliers of their materials such as pickups and wood because of the huge scale of production. A third party company will give a better deal to a corporation that is willing to lay down millions of dollars for a huge one time or continuing order than they are a boutique which may only need a product here or there. It's a larger guarantee of profit, even if it may not amount to a larger percentage of profit. Oh yeah, and did I mention the foreign labor?

crystallake

Reaction score
Man, do I grab a white KM7 now, or wait till the orange is out? I can't decide for the life of me!

Seventy

Reaction score
What is the neck balance like on this? I saw a few people saying there was dive. (on a 7 this is to be somewhat expected but hopefully not terrible)

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I actually find it to sit pretty neutral, which is great in my mind. My LTD dv8r does sit nicer but its not as bad as my explorer...

Zado

Reaction score
10396294_985268508156627_3371640172082534629_n.jpg

THIS FINISH AS SPECIAL EDITION PLEASE

break

Reaction score
I bought a White KM7 at the end of June. The guitar had a few problems, so I decided to return it and get it replaced. That was 4 months ago. I knew i had to wait for more guitars to arrive in the country but 4 months is a long time.
<snip>
Exactly the reason I got my white KM7 on launch from the states rather than buy here in Australia.... plus it was cheaper to boot.

It was perfect until this week... when the contacts on the 3 way switch started to go a bit crappy in the bridge position. Minor adjustment and some contact cleaner sorted it out.

Still... weird as I don't gig with my KM7 so it gets little in the way of gunk/sweat etc. on it that might cause something like that...

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
I'm receiving mine today, finally!

It took a lot of time, but Ryan from Schecter was super kind to hand me one.

Photos to come :D

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Exactly the reason I got my white KM7 on launch from the states rather than buy here in Australia.... plus it was cheaper to boot.

It was perfect until this week... when the contacts on the 3 way switch started to go a bit crappy in the bridge position. Minor adjustment and some contact cleaner sorted it out.

Still... weird as I don't gig with my KM7 so it gets little in the way of gunk/sweat etc. on it that might cause something like that...

I got the third KM-7 from that first batch Schecter sold, and I've had similar problems with the wiring. I'm eventually going to get around to replacing all the pots and such, but as I don't play in live settings, I'm okay with it. I don't know if this is a flaw of the earlier batches or not, though.

severe

Reaction score
Experiences after 2 month of playing KM-7.

+Plays like charm! Sounds icecold :shred: .:metal:

Two things that are absolute unacceptable in that price range (Europe)

- Replaced pot and toggle cause parts and soldering are real crap.
- Finish of the humbuckers is not durable at all, made for design and not for playing (see pics). It bothers me not to much, but copper is really clashing the dark body finish.

Regards,

Marco

Attachments

• km7close_s.JPG
    km7close_s.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 197

chopeth

Reaction score
Experiences after 2 month of playing KM-7.

+Plays like charm! Sounds icecold :shred: .:metal:

Two things that are absolute unacceptable in that price range (Europe)

- Replaced pot and toggle cause parts and soldering are real crap.
- Finish of the humbuckers is not durable at all, made for design and not for playing (see pics). It bothers me not to much, but copper is really clashing the dark body finish.

Regards,

Marco

The same happened to the nazgul in my KM-7 in no time. I contacted schecter and they sent me a couple of new covers. Simply the best aftersale service I've found.

severe

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have a few questions, though!

• How did you change the covers, I thought they are waxed in?
  • Do I have to remove the pickup completely and unsolder it to change the covers?
  • How do the pickups sound and look without the covers? Thinking about getting rid of them altoghether.

Thanks,

Marco

')