Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Ok, let's not get our panties in a bundle over something we are just speculating about. We don't know the prices, and it does cost more to rework and already built mk II.

Wenge isn't a cheap wood either, and the mk lll will have a predominantly wenge neck. But again, these are prototypes.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not really in it to make excuses for the manufacturer, there are plenty of other brands that use Wenge for no significant upcharge on guitars and retooling for a production guitar that will likely sell extremely well is an investment the company makes for themselves, not pass it onto the consumer. To some degree they will pass the cost, but I'm just throwing it out there that I hope these don't push too far past $1500, just discussion and speculation.

Zado

Reaction score
It might be a coincidence but Suhr raised prices as well, around 10%. Somethin's wrongwith economy :shrug:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
It might be a coincidence but Suhr raised prices as well, around 10%. Somethin's wrongwith economy :shrug:

Completely off topic but I would have thought that in a market that's completely over-saturated manufacturers would be lowering prices, not raising them. Or is this scales of economy biting in the arse? (Less units being sold etc).

Zado

Reaction score
Completely off topic but I would have thought that in a market that's completely over-saturated manufacturers would be lowering prices, not raising them. Or is this scales of economy biting in the arse? (Less units being sold etc).
That's a good point, but if I had to guess I'd say asian countries have become more demanding in terms of salary, and materials are now more expensive as well. I mean, look at the topic I just made about the new import Framus line... MIC guitars for 600-900£. Fine specs, but I imagine loads of people complaining if Schecter and LTD did the same

Constructivist

Reaction score
Of course I get it with the whole hype on the MK-III. In the meantime this showed up yesterday...

What a guitar! Comparable to my ESP E-II NT-7B.
Keith and Schecter are awesome for putting together a guitar with such cool specs!!

2018-05-02 08_47_34-.png

Constructivist

Reaction score
ANy visible issues? how's the electronic?

No visible issues, the electronics work perfect. Its my first time with single volume config, I like it.
There is not the costumary Schecter quality control sticker on the cavity cover. Instead there is a Musik Meyer quality control sticker. I got the guitar from Germany.

So it might be that either the guitar came in from Korea perfect or they set it up properly in Germany.

Either way there are no visual defects. It's really stunning.

Here is another picture of the top.
IMG_0409.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
No visible issues, the electronics work perfect. Its my first time with single volume config, I like it.
There is not the costumary Schecter quality control sticker on the cavity cover. Instead there is a Musik Meyer quality control sticker. I got the guitar from Germany.

So it might be that either the guitar came in from Korea perfect or they set it up properly in Germany.

View attachment 60776
The top really looks like high level stuff. Congrats, beautiful for real

Koryv86

Reaction score

View attachment 60776

If the new KMIII won't be as good as I think it will be or the price will be way out of my range probably I will buy this one. :)
You mentioned you ordered it from Germany...which company did you get it from?
I'm from Hungary so for me probably worth to order it from Germany rather than through Ebay from USA or somewhere else.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Even though I feel like it should be about $100 cheaper, I ordered the second iteration of the KM7-MKII in the Natural Pearl finish. I really wanted another MKII after I got my KM7-MKII in Black Pearl with the Nazgul/Sentient combo. I also figured it was time to try some Fishman pickups so it was a no-brainer considering how long it's taking people to get standalone sets of the Keith Merrow set. I really hope I like them; otherwise, it's going to be another guitar that has to go to the shop to get grounding for passive pickups.

luislais

nothing ever happens
Reaction score
Amazing guitar! Congrats man!

View attachment 60776

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a case that fits the MKII? Not very expensive is possible.

A lot of 6-string cases fit. Schecter has a molded one for $129. There's actually a blemish one for $109 right now at AMS

WELLLLLL...
I got mine in today and made a terrible discovery which isn't news to some of you (who actually pay attention). No voice 3 option. Any suggestions on what to do to get the single coil voicings? I haven't been following this thread much so I never saw that you needed to modify the guitar to get the full capability out of the Fishman Keith Merrow set. :noplease:

Btw, this one is lighter than my other KM7-MKII

Last edited:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Comparison between the SD Nazgul and Fishman Keith Merrow bridge pickup

Cable -> Axe-Fx II XL+ -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Used a T808 OD boost block, Das Metall amp, and cab block IR is "ML Angle SM57-M160 01". Bass/Mids/Treble/Pres is 5/5/6/4. No settings changed between clips.

Seymourd Duncan Nazgul: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ud6q2zp8c82ksa2/20180503_122253_nazgul.mp3
Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow (voice 1) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/khaiova1a12b1up/20180503_122521_fishman_km_voice1.mp3

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Comparison between the SD Nazgul and Fishman Keith Merrow bridge pickup

Cable -> Axe-Fx II XL+ -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Used a T808 OD boost block, Das Metall amp, and cab block IR is "ML Angle SM57-M160 01". Bass/Mids/Treble/Pres is 5/5/6/4. No settings changed between clips.

Seymourd Duncan Nazgul: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ud6q2zp8c82ksa2/20180503_122253_nazgul.mp3
Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow (voice 1) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/khaiova1a12b1up/20180503_122521_fishman_km_voice1.mp3

Honestly kind o like the Nazgul clip better, hard to tell though I'lll need to listen with headphones to really feel difference.

Latest posts

')