Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
From the Schecter Custom shop.

"Merrows on the March"

FB_IMG_1527634819201.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527634819201.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527634819201.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 10

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Contact BKP to see if it will fit. I know bulb's signature sets will not, but they said Warpigs will fit.
Pretty much no covered pickups will fit. As long as you stick to uncovered, you will be fine. I'd be really surprised if Warpigs will fit into it.

TedintheShed

Reaction score
Pretty much no covered pickups will fit. As long as you stick to uncovered, you will be fine. I'd be really surprised if Warpigs will fit into it.

I'm talking about the uncovered versions. BKP said some of there uncovered versions will not fit, and some of them were Bulb's signature sets.

TedintheShed

Reaction score
Really? That's strange, I wonder why they wouldn't fit. Aren't all bobbins universally the same size?

I found the email. I noticed the base plate was rectangular and didn't follow the curve of the bobbin like SD do and asked if the could trim the baseplates so they could fit the existing pickup route. On some of the sets it is possible (like the Warpigs) but some (like the bulb sig's) have "flanking magnets" that make it not possible.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I found the email. I noticed the base plate was rectangular and didn't follow the curve of the bobbin like SD do and asked if the could trim the baseplates so they could fit the existing pickup route. On some of the sets it is possible (like the Warpigs) but some (like the bulb sig's) have "flanking magnets" that make it not possible.
Interesting... Thanks for letting me know!

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
Heads up for anyone looking for a KM7 MK2 with trem/sustainer...the Guitar Center on Halsted in Chicago has one hanging on their wall. Looks to be new old stock and sub-$800 if I recall correctly. In the Lambo Blue color...

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Heads up for anyone looking for a KM7 MK2 with trem/sustainer...the Guitar Center on Halsted in Chicago has one hanging on their wall. Looks to be new old stock and sub-$800 if I recall correctly. In the Lambo Blue color...
The lambo blue/green/orange are MKI not MKII. Funny that I was just there over the weekend and didn't even see it.

Zok

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. I can't navigate this board very well to save my life, and I was wondering how difficult it would be to fit actives into Km7 Mk1? Thanks

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. I can't navigate this board very well to save my life, and I was wondering how difficult it would be to fit actives into Km7 Mk1? Thanks

Depends on which active pickups you want to put in there. Fishman Open Core and Keith Merrow sets will fit, some EMG sets will fit I think, but mostly everything else will require routing AFAIK.

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
The lambo blue/green/orange are MKI not MKII. Funny that I was just there over the weekend and didn't even see it.

Whoops! My mistake regarding MK1/2.

Yeah it was up high and hard to spot, I only noticed it as I checked out one of the new purple-y burst Schecter 7 strings that they had. Which was unplayable due to set-up...or lack thereof.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Whoops! My mistake regarding MK1/2.

Yeah it was up high and hard to spot, I only noticed it as I checked out one of the new purple-y burst Schecter 7 strings that they had. Which was unplayable due to set-up...or lack thereof.
Ohh I tried playing that one haha. Yup it was awful. A lot of those guitars are pretty badly setup, especially ones with floyds.

cip 123

Reaction score
Welcome to GC guitars.

I played an FRS and was turned off because the action was so high.
While a good guitar shop should maintain guitars, Schecter are still setup in the USA at their factory, and most have carbon rods down the neck, or laminate necks. I don't think you can blame GC entirely on that.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Welcome to GC guitars.

I played an FRS and was turned off because the action was so high.

Seems like luck of the draw. I played one at a GC that was set up very well and played awesome. But I’ve certainlh picked up other guitars that were a mess.

')