Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
I really, really, really, really don't dig the type of wood used for the tops on these, but that preference pretty much goes out the window as soon as the guitar is flipped over.

Total butterface for me. SUPER interested in the lower tier whatever that ends up being!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
ehh I'll wait and see how more of those tops turn out. the 2 that drum city showed off in their IG post have crap veneers.

Alexlopez

Reaction score
$1699 for that top. NOPE
I've been so hyped about getting one of those too. But not looking like that. I like the MK-IIs more.

Thing about imports is, there’s a lot of inconsistency.. some have nice tops.. some don’t...
when sweetwater gets them, they upload pics of the actual instrument so that’ll help chose a “good one”

Alexlopez

Reaction score
These are all prototype imports.. I like these

Attachments

• B319DF2F-1865-4D3E-9354-CC00A28626A9.jpeg
    B319DF2F-1865-4D3E-9354-CC00A28626A9.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 102

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I like it as is. I think the asymmetrical nature of these veneers lend themselves well to that burst. If I thought I could get enough for my DCM I’d probably go for it.

EDIT: When I see this combo I think less of it being a ho-hum figured piece of wood and more like some abstract painting of a nebula (or something along those lines).

Last edited:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I like it as is. I think the asymmetrical nature of these veneers lend themselves well to that burst. If I thought I could get enough for my DCM I’d probably go for it.

EDIT: When I see this combo I think less of it being a ho-hum figured piece of wood and more like some abstract painting of a nebula (or something along those lines).

For me they're NOT asymmetrical enough. It looks too perfectly mirrored. And then there's wide open blank spaces were there's no interesting swirly bits at all and it makes it cheap-looking. If these have that super noticeable split in the middle, it will be a no-go for me and I will see how the cheaper (reportedly solid color) imports turn out.

Ibanez does the same on their lower end ones

PLEASE stop using the pooburst burls that Ibanez uses on their guitars. :ugh:

The flame-mapled KM Mk3s looks sooo much cooler.

"pooburst"
Surprisingly accurate

Last edited:

gujukal

Reaction score
pssh not in america. I've never seen a duvell go for under 2-2.5k over here.
Really? Saw a mint duvell elite 7 for $1700 on the local listing in my country and it took weeks for him to get rid of it. Guitarguitar.co.uk has some new duvell masterbuilt guitars for only 2000 pounds atm. But it's the same thing for us witch schecter and music man and so on. A new music man jp7 basic bitch model is like $3000+ over here.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Really? Saw a mint duvell elite 7 for $1700 on the local listing in my country and it took weeks for him to get rid of it. Guitarguitar.co.uk has some new duvell masterbuilt guitars for only 2000 pounds atm. But it's the same thing for us witch schecter and music man and so on. A new music man jp7 basic bitch model is like $3000+ over here.
yeah we get hosed on mayones in general over here, unless you manage to import one or buy one from a private seller. Getting one from a dealer is going to run at least 2500-3000$ from what I've seen.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
yeah we get hosed on mayones in general over here, unless you manage to import one or buy one from a private seller. Getting one from a dealer is going to run at least 2500-3000$ from what I've seen.
Yup exactly this. I have since jumped off of the Mayo ship when I bought one. They are fantastic guitars, but definitely not worth the money here in the states.

Sogradde

Reaction score
You guys are trying really hard to ruin my day here.

Duvell Elites go for $3000+ in Germany. A new KM7 mkII costs about $2000.
Don't get me started on EBMM and Mesa...

')