Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
71043537_3310229188989071_7240561008396206080_n.jpg

Is it the same model Keith playing in this recent video? No maple board though, could it be a prototype?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alexlopez

Reaction score
That
Is it the same model Keith playing in this recent video? No maple board though, could it be a prototype?

The one in the video is one of his US custom shop guitars. Same specs as his other US models but with the satin white finish and white pickups..... pretty sure that’s all it is BUT Don’t quote me on that tho.

this new one with maple board is a prototype for 2020 production MKIII’s.....
I check for new info on it everyday lol

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
what is "Hybrid" about this? Not being an ass I have no idea what that means :D

I remember with the Hellraiser Hybrid, it combined elements of the Hellraiser series and the Blackjack SLS series. I'm guessing this combines features of the KM MKIII with another Schecter model, or just combines all 3 KMs into one hodgepodge.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
I remember with the Hellraiser Hybrid, it combined elements of the Hellraiser series and the Blackjack SLS series. I'm guessing this combines features of the KM MKIII with another Schecter model, or just combines all 3 KMs into one hodgepodge.

AHHHH ok i get it. Curiosity piqued now.

Meeotch

Reaction score
Sorry if this was covered before...but does anyone know if the Fishman universal rechargeable battery pack will fit into these new MKIII's? I know it comes stock on the Studio, but for the one's it doesn't come stock with? (IE the above PRO).

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a MKIII Pro 6'er. I'll definitely do a NGD when it arrives, but for now here's the shop's photo! So stoked!

IbRVHuJr4eGmGdoSh6KM5h_5R2bFZqTo3ldm1MAUDSu_k5fu05o9tlMZnJWLeJe8LPhoUvm-vLca4C66sQP39EurMr-Pp_EK41Ec_QGSpPpNKII6FXvwIh-beF6B1V3sQ9UHlNqTpg=w2400

Damnnnnnn i really want one of those now. I am pretty sure that will be my next guitar purchase in a few months (unless they release something even better at namm)

I absolutely love my 7 string Merrow.

itll_be_ok

Reaction score
This fretboard with black binding looks like the one from banshee elite prototype
admwjsdsscazr6uxuygo.jpg

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Have the issues with the mk III been sorted or are they still kind of a dicey prospect? I still would prefer an old banshee elite 6 but the radiused body on these are cool

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Have the issues with the mk III been sorted or are they still kind of a dicey prospect? I still would prefer an old banshee elite 6 but the radiused body on these are cool

Last one I bought wasn't as bad as the first 3 but still had a minor chipping issue. Really quite negligible but it was at a steal price.

Definitely like the neck profile on the MK-3 over the MK-2 which was too flat for how thin it was. Still very usable though.

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
That finish was an absolute nightmare at first. It was a bit ambitious. The early ones turned yellow-ish after about a year. They changed it almost immediately, but a handful of the early ones, including my proto guitars, have a "vintage white" tint to them. Once they amended the finish, they got a lot more consistent. That's one of the toughest finishes to get right. There's a lot of variables to it. That's why I didn't do any of the later models in trans white. We might bring it back on a USA model at some point though :)

Way late to the party here, but I LOVE the transparent white, but the yellow-ish transparent white not so much. Any proven method to remove the yellowing? Is it just a breakdown in the top layer of the clear coat? TIA!

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a MKIII Pro 6'er. I'll definitely do a NGD when it arrives, but for now here's the shop's photo! So stoked!

IbRVHuJr4eGmGdoSh6KM5h_5R2bFZqTo3ldm1MAUDSu_k5fu05o9tlMZnJWLeJe8LPhoUvm-vLca4C66sQP39EurMr-Pp_EK41Ec_QGSpPpNKII6FXvwIh-beF6B1V3sQ9UHlNqTpg=w2400

Man that looks like something that would come out of the Daemoness shop.

')