Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Always found it interesting how people described the Merrows as muffled or dark when the pickups they're based on (The Classics) are some of the brightest pickups I've tried lol

Although I can see why I guess, one of his favorite pickups is the Invader and he helped design the Nazgul and those pickups were indeed dark.

Also +1 on the Blackstar hate. They're the amps of all time that tried to Youtube Influencer themselves into reverence lol, also had to copy someone else's design,,, then again, that's guitar gear for you. Everyone's ripping off each other.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
This is funnily accurate
To keep those tones warm and fuzzy.

I had a couple of Blackstars and I never could get a decent sound out of them. They have this muffled sound that's impossible to remedy.

Zado

Reaction score
To keep those tones warm and fuzzy.

I had a couple of Blackstars and I never could get a decent sound out of them. They have this muffled sound that's impossible to remedy.
Imho their clean sounding lines are cool and quite affordable in europe, but yeah, the higain stuff is somehow affected by that "record-like" sound, which is a mixture of compression/lack of air and ear fatiguing frequencies/ congested mids that may sound cool at home (in some cases), but in a band are totally worthless features.

Their HT MKIII stuff sounds worse than their MKII models

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Imho their clean sounding lines are cool and quite affordable in europe, but yeah, the higain stuff is somehow affected by that "record-like" sound, which is a mixture of compression/lack of air and ear fatiguing frequencies/ congested mids that may sound cool at home (in some cases), but in a band are totally worthless features.

Their HT MKIII stuff sounds worse than their MKII models

No clue why anyone would want once of those when an EVH Iconic is the same price and DSL100 is even cheaper

Rob Joyner

Reaction score
Those "custom" KMs are import models that go for around $2.3k and take 7+ months to be built.
Too much if you ask me. You can get a Hapas for almost the same price and same specs.

He's not doing anything with SD because he talks sht about them all the time. Actually he talks sht about brands, bands and musician all the time. Weird dude.

')