Schecter KM-7 VS Washburn PXM27EC

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grilla

Reaction score
You received the Carvin yet?

Not yet. I just spoke to them and they said it's looking like early March for a ship date.

It's a long wait but not as long as other builders out there. I'll be sure to post a ton of pics and hopefully some video with tone demos as soon as I get it

I have to decide on what string gauges to go with. I'm getting it in standard tuning and I'm thinking 9-46 and a 60 or 62 for the B string... what do you guys think?

Masoo2

Reaction score
I personally use at least a .065 for B, as I like it tight :)

However, many people seem to prefer the 7th and (not in your case) 8th strings to be rather light when compared to the standard 1-6, so take my input with a grain of salt.

stevexc

Reaction score
Not yet. I just spoke to them and they said it's looking like early March for a ship date.

It's a long wait but not as long as other builders out there. I'll be sure to post a ton of pics and hopefully some video with tone demos as soon as I get it

I have to decide on what string gauges to go with. I'm getting it in standard tuning and I'm thinking 9-46 and a 60 or 62 for the B string... what do you guys think?

If you like how a 46 feels for E, a 60 has roughly the same tension. A 62 will give you a little more leeway to tune down to Drop A.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I own a km7 and love it. The hipshot is really comfortable, the pickups are NICE, stainless steel frets, and a satin finish neck and body. They are really great guitars.

')