Schecter KM-7 w/Evertune and EMG 57/66

• Thread starter JeffTD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Schecter.jpg

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

Schecter KM-7 Keith Merrow 7 string in black burst satin. I purchased this new from Sweetwater in July of 2014; it's only been used in the studio and is in wonderful (like-new) condition.

Modifications (if any):

I had an Evertune installed by Fren Asken; he installs all of Evertune's endorsee bridges, including the ones Keith and Jeff Loomis used on the Congquering Dystopia album. I also had him install an EMG 57/66 set and route the guitar for a battery box in the process. The original Duncans have since been sold and are not included.

The bridge is a lifesaver and made this guitar my #1 studio instrument for every band I've recorded since I've gotten it; I'm only selling because I'm having an Evertune installed on two of my 6 strings and don't play 7s enough to justify having it around.

Accessories (hardshell case etc):

Includes the case from the pictures; it's a generic, not a Schecter. It also includes the Evertune allen wrench for tuning/setup.

Location (City,State or City,Country): Los Angeles, CA

I'm asking $1450 shipped CONUS, not particularly interested in trades at the moment. 8whiteelm on eBay, JeffTD on the Ultimate Metal Forums/Gearslutz/Rig-Talk, and Virtual_Kevorkian on the Seymour Duncan Forum.

More pictures: https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/Vc6Ba6tMO33b7su

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mmartell1205

Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic question, but how much if any routing (pickup route) was involved going from the Duncans to the EMG's ? I have a KM-7 myself, and am seriously considering swapping to the same set.

JeffTD

Reaction score
No work needed on the pickups or pickup routes aside from maybe clipping a bit off the tabs; mine only needed one corner of one tab shortened a hair and it was tab-specific, not pickup or route specific. The battery box was the main issue. You won't be able to fit a battery in that small control cavity, and even after routing for a box you won't be able to use their solderless kit because the PCB won't fit in with the potentiometer.

Mmartell1205

Reaction score
No work needed on the pickups or pickup routes aside from maybe clipping a bit off the tabs; mine only needed one corner of one tab shortened a hair and it was tab-specific, not pickup or route specific. The battery box was the main issue. You won't be able to fit a battery in that small control cavity, and even after routing for a box you won't be able to use their solderless kit because the PCB won't fit in with the potentiometer.

That's good to know, looks like I've got a little work ahead of me.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Bump - Can also ship in original box if you don't want the case. Just found the original Hipshot bridge as well, but will probably sell separately.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Bump - $1200 shipped CONUS; this is the lowest I'll go before it makes more sense to keep it.

JeffTD

Reaction score
Would you consider shipping to the UK?

Hey man, awful timing - ebay auction closed yesterday without hitting the reserve but I ended up selling it to one of the bidders who contacted me after it ended.

This one's sold - please lock it up!

')