Schecter KM6 or LTD Mh1000ET

• Thread starter ryanougrad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Schecter KM6

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • LTD MH1000 Evertune

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

ryanougrad

Reaction score
Going back and forth between the KM6 and the MH1000 with the evertune bridge. No way to A/B them side by side. I think I have tracked down an MH1000 to try out. I know the specs are slightly different. I actually like the specs on the KM6 better (ebony, carbon rods). However, the evertune keeps calling my name. Pickups aren't a big deal, I know my way around a soldering iron.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I voted KM6 for a few reasons, the main one being stainless steel frets. Its something that ever since I learned about I HAVE to have on any future guitars I buy. That and I prefer swamp ash over mahogany for the body, and ebony over any other wood for the fretboard.

You could always get the KM6 and save up to have it evertuned down the road.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
^oh those are steel frets? :agreed: Now I'm sold on the KM6. damn you!

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
So far, the KM-6 is clearly winning.
Could you explain what it is about the evertune that you like, and how important it is to you? Without understanding that, folks may end up voting for what *they* want.

Ænima

Reaction score
km6, evertune is overrated IMHO, Hipshot bridge + locking tuners + titanium rods in the neck to keep it straight, KM-6/7 is a beast at keeping its tuning

ryanougrad

Reaction score
So far, the KM-6 is clearly winning.
Could you explain what it is about the evertune that you like, and how important it is to you? Without understanding that, folks may end up voting for what *they* want.

Can't say I've played the evertune. I have yet to find one in stock anywhere. I'm intrigued by it's tuning stability and the ability to lock the bass strings in while leaving the rest free for bending. I just like the idea of a guitar that stays in tune all the time. I have had some very nice guitars, but have yet to find one that stays perfectly in tune after a little abuse.

That said, everything else about the KM-6 is more of what I want.

')