Schecter KM7 wobbly pickups

• Thread starter vaas45
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vaas45

Reaction score
I got my KM7 today and noticed that the pickups are a bit wobbly (not super tight, not super wobbly either). After searching on this forum I found out that a lot of people have this issue and many chose to DIY solve it for the guitar is great. Besides aesthetics, is this going to be a problem in general ? i.e how is it going to be a deal breaker? This guitar is going to stay indoors.

Also, since I've never really messed with changing pickups or tightening I would like someone to guide/enlighten me in going about putting a foam underneath as suggested in many posts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

electriceye

Reaction score
It's not really an issue. If it bothers you, just get some foam, cut to size, remove pickup by loosening the two mount screws, put in foam, re-install pickup. Boom. Done. It's very simple.

Althos

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Shecter JL7-FR, foam can fix it

Sogradde

Reaction score
Also, since I've never really messed with changing pickups or tightening I would like someone to guide/enlighten me in going about putting a foam underneath as suggested in many posts.
You loosen/remove your strings, unscrew your pickups, remove the old foam (or w/e is underneath it), put a roughly rectangular piece of foam in the cavity and then your screw your pickup back in. That's literally it. You don't even have to remove the connection of your pickups. Also, if your pickup screws are equipped with springs, put a thin guitar string through it into the screw hole so you don't spend 30 minutes losing the spring and fiddling around inside the cavity every time you try to screw the pickup back in.

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
This is not really a "problem". It is more of a personal preference thing. Look at pickups mounted to a pickguard for example...they can "wobble" also. If you prefer to have them more solid then you can use dense foam.

Latest posts

')