Schecter Loomis 7

• Thread starter FirasKordi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
Hey guys am buying the Loomis Signature guitar soon (fixed bridge).....I saw alooot of Pros on this amazing guitar....but now can you tell me guys its Cons (if there is any) and why ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
the 26.5" scale length and fat Schecter neck, if you've never owned a guitar with either of those features having both of them together could be a shock

i find tune-o-matics disgusting on anything that isn't a Gibson but that's just me

Reaction score
I dont find the necks remotely fat, and I have a 7421 as well...I dig both necks, something in between would be almost perfect for me.

Here's a video review I did too, maybe it will help:

prashanthan

Reaction score
The necks on the Loomis aren't fat at all. Definitely a fast neck, the satin finish helps too.

The only cons I'd say for the Loomis are that the volume knob and toggle switch are in stupid places (would be much better switched around), and upper fret access could be a little better.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
yeah ive heard of the volume knob location..But Jeff loomis said personnaly he putted it that place so he can higher and lower the volume with his pinky while playing :)

Dooky

Reaction score
I dont find the necks remotely fat, and I have a 7421 as well...I dig both necks, something in between would be almost perfect for me.

Here's a video review I did too, maybe it will help:

This is very true! I've played both a Ibanez RG1527 and Schecter BlackJack C7 (which I own) and found the differences slight (thickness wise). Sure, they are different shapes, but I disagree with the common band-wagon exaggration that Schecter necks are fat.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
So u guys advise me for it as my first 7 string guitar ??? (and 2nd guitar)
my first guitar was Epiphone special 2 ,,yeah it sucks , now ive became better and most of the artists i listen to are 7 stringers ...thts why am getting a 7 string string

Mwoit

Reaction score
I'd recommend it, it's an excellent guitar and I don't regret buying it brand new at all.

The only thing is that sometimes I miss the tone knob if I really want warm cleans to make different tones, but as a metal machine, it's a class act.

KiD Cudi

Reaction score
I have a huge mancrush on mine tbh. As far as cons go: the upper fret access isn't quite as good as my 6 string hellraiser and the emgs sound great for soloing and brutal stuff and the ash and maple really make the harmonics pop out but they don't work too well for djent or anything really tight.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
Do this guitar Need a good amp to sound well ???? i have an extreme terrible amp (for me its good , but lots of critisim on internet) Epiphone 15R XDDDD
so do it need a better amp to sound well or its just fine (cuz am not a musician or something..i play covers and compose songs for me and friends only : = no gigs or live shows :p)

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
I have 2 Ibbies and a Loomis.

- The neck feels fatter than the Ibanez necks. Not very much but a bit.
- The guitar weighs a lot. On the other hand the wheight makes it feel SOLID and sound huge.
- The 707's sound okay. Better with 18V-Mod (very easy). I switched to an 81-7X (bridge) and a 707X (neck) and it was awesome.
- the SATIN FINISH of the neck TURNS GLOSSY after max 2-3 months.

I don't play it anymore because I became one of those Ibanez-lovers.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
Do this guitar Need a good amp to sound well ???? i have an extreme terrible amp (for me its good , but lots of critisim on internet) Epiphone 15R XDDDD
so do it need a better amp to sound well or its just fine (cuz am not a musician or something..i play covers and compose songs for me and friends only : = no gigs or live shows :p) (sorry for repeating :p )

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
so do it need a better amp to sound well or its just fine (cuz am not a musician or something..i play covers and compose songs for me and friends only : = no gigs or live shows :p) (sorry for repeating :p )

all guitars need a good amp to sound really nice

Granted, different guitars and different woods and what not will have different sounds, you do need a solid amp for a solid tone.

Someone else on this forum said this but i don't remember who but I liked it
"A cheap amp will get you a cheap tone"

FirasKordi

Reaction score
lol seems true...but what about using the loomis Guitar with amplitube 3 or Guitar rig 5 ?

otisct20

Reaction score
The neck on the loomis seem to make my hand cramp a lot faster, but that might just be me. I find the necks to be a little too round for my tastes and I dont mind the TOM. I do agree that at least as a bridge pup the 707 is terrible. But it is all up to taste, try one out if you can.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
7's in general through such software generally sound rather crappy on the lower strings but it's doable.

geofreesun

Reaction score
i definitely recommend this guitar, love the tone from this axe. the maple board makes every note jump out, also the 26.5 scale adds clarity to the low registers. the only problem i see is the upper fret access. then there is the whole passive vs active thing and TOM bridge preferences.

')