Schecter Loomis FR -> the best BKP choice?

• Thread starter ukasheq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ukasheq

Reaction score
Hi!

Like in the topic. I have Schecter Loomis 7 FR. I'm looking for something djenty, so i would like to switch from 707. The thing is that because of this stupid EMG 707 size i have to contrive with pickup rings (which are hard to get in my country ;/) so I thought also about Blackout 7 Phase II or 707x.

But tell me, if you choose, what will be best bare knuckle for djent to a swamp ash guitar with maple fingerboard and 26,5 inch scale? I tune mostly Drop A, but sometimes i will go to Drop G. Please keep in mind, that Loomis is bright sounding guitar ;)

My choice is Aftermath. What do you think?

thanks,

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I would say the aftermath is a great choice. Although the Rebel Yell is also extremely popular with some of the Djenty bands

geofreesun

Reaction score
i have a loomis, looking to put some passives in as well. loomis is a great guitar! i heard warpigs + ash = brutals.

mniel8195

Reaction score
i would only put rebels in the warmest of guitars like old thick les pauls or very heavy dark mahogany 7 strings.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I have had no problems getting a djenty tone with the stock 707s. but if you really do want to change pickups...go with the blackouts

Radz108

Reaction score
Covered Lundgren M7s would fit exactly into the 707 cavity without rerouting or use of PUP rings. Since they are passive, you still have to change all the electronics though.
From what I heard of the lundgrens, they sound incrediblly brutal.:hbang:

RG

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I would think that an Aftermath would sound really good in that guitar.

clark81

Reaction score
+1 for Aftermath, it balances its wood tone...
But it depends on your likings

')