Schecter Loomis Signature guitar

• Thread starter FirasKordi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
Hey guys, Am getting the Loomis NT today....i would like to know is the neck comfortable with small hands ??? and how is it generally (the guitar playing feel)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
IMO they're fine, and I have fairly small hands compared to other people in our Music School. I tend to like Ibanez necks more, but I can play on Schecter necks with little adjustment. People that say they're baseball bat thick are just close minded dudes who think only thin necks should exist. :nuts:

BabUShka

Reaction score
I have the Hellraiser C7 which is very simular to Loomis. I went from Ibanez to Schecter 7. In the beginning it felt OK. A little bit hard to play, but very manageble. Now lately, I've enjoyed it really well. Once I got used to the neck, it really feels normal and comfortable. Even for my "short" fingers.
If people can play on 8 and 9 string, and really huge bass guitar neck, then I see no reason why you cant play a 7 string Schecter. The necks of Schecter arent that big as everyone claim them to be.

I'd say go for it. I love both my ATX and Hellraiser, GASing for a loomis too. Those guitars are REALLY resonant. You can hear and feel the harmonics, and they are one of the most accousticly resonant guitars I've played in this price range. I like to think that its the thick neck that deliver this beefy and harmonic resonant sound, but Im not a wood tech..

FirasKordi

Reaction score
wow thats very cool....Hmmm can you tell me whts the diffrent between ATX c-7 and loomis (personnaly not technically :p)

BabUShka

Reaction score
They are both high quality instruments, but I'd go with a loomis if I were you. Those have higher 2nd hand value, if you one day descide to sell. I got my ATX for 2x lower price than my Epiphone, haha.. Yet it came with good pickups and its overall better quality guitar.
The iron cross inlays are pretty cool. I like them better than the active inlay of my ATX.

I havent playd the loomis enough to make a statement so dont take this as a fact, but my impression was that the Blackjack is more agressive in tone, while the Loomis and Hellraiser are more growling.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
I really love the Loomis neck, but its a little step from Ibby stuff as people say. It's not as fat as people say, just more meaty than the wizard stuff.

Try it -> take it from there

Gryphon

Reaction score
I have smaller hands and I do fine with my Schecters. The profile of the neck are a little thicker and rounder than an Ibanez but after adjustment I ended up liking it better.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
The Loomis NT is a rock solid guitar and it weighs a ton or so, maybe two. Mine was fine except for unfinished fretwork. It is a real beauty and it sounds killer.

But...

... i don't like it half as much as my Ibbies. I still can't say if its the neck, the scale or the frets that make my hands cramp... but it does not happen with my RG1527 or my RG827QMZ.

It's not the guitar, it's me. So trying it out yourself is the only way to be sure.

')