Schecter Masterworks experience/results

• Thread starter yan12
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yan12

Reaction score
I wont' make this too long, but I had Schecter build me a guitar exactly to my specs. The custom question comes up all the time; is it worth it or not. From a resale standpoint, no it is not. Full custom may only appeal to that one person. So if you flip or resale regularly, spec'ing out a guitar from a known builder is a better bet.

I turned 50 this year, so approx. 16 months ago I ordered my Schecter. Nothing outlandish, California Elite strat shpae, alder body, flame top, reverse slant single, 80's hardtail, 3pc maple neck, birdseye board with scallop on 17-24, staggered black pearl dots, pearl white tuners, very small cavity route for electronics, one volume w/split and selector, hand scoop, small neck plate.

I wanted a trans white denim/weathered finish to reflect my looks at 50...everything is greying up!
But I was going for almost a solid white look from a distance, then when you get up close the flame pops at you. They nailed it.

The main reason for custom was the neck. I can't play thin necks anymore with my arthritis. So I gave them very specific dimensions and a 12" radius. I wanted a slab of birdseye for the board, nothing thin. Jumbo SS frets. Custom C .88-.92 thickness based on my playing.

Schecter was amazing to deal with as usual, and although the process took a while (covid delays as well) they checked in with me all along the way. They tripled check neck dimensions because they usually don't build them that big. The guitar is perfect in every way I can measure. Flawless execution and attention to detail. The satin finish is a dream for me...no more fingerprints to constantly wipe off. Case candy was two sets of strap locks, two more sets of buttons, wrenches, etc.

I own quite a few Schecter USA guitars and this is my second Masterworks. I still contend you cannot beat these two builders for the price. Still in the honeymoon phase, but if it continues I will start to sell a few off that I won't play because this guitar is that good. To finally have my neck dimensions correctly done has really inspired me. Pics are on the way and I tried to present some in different light as the finish is hard to capture.

s4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats!

I own a USA Custom Shop and I extensively played Nick from Axe Palace's USA Masterworks Tele. I can honestly say there are other guitars that are as good but none that are better.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That looks sweet! I wanted a similar finish when I was hoping to do a custom 7 singlecut, but it never happened. Enjoy!

4Eyes

Reaction score
you see all these fancy, custom shop guitars all around and then something simple like this pop up and yet it makes your jaw drop on the floor. congrats on your new axe, looks awesome!

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Very clean. I love it's a bolt neck. Wish they'd offer more models in bolt necks as a standard. Congrats! Good job.

Mendez

Reaction score
That's unreal, can't go wrong with the USA Schecters! I have a Custom Shop Tele from them and it's one of the best playing guitars I've owned. Congrats man!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I believe @Church2224 and @cardinal are/were frequent customers. Church at least got a bunch of USA Production models (while in contact with Schecter) and Cardinal has a couple of 8-string Masterworks. They both speak highly of Schecter's CS.

But man that's fucking slick. I kinda wish you went all out and got the fret extension to go along with the neck pickup curve... But it's not my guitar, so it is what it is. :lol:

mbardu

Reaction score
I believe @Church2224 and @cardinal are/were frequent customers. Church at least got a bunch of USA Production models (while in contact with Schecter) and Cardinal has a couple of 8-string Masterworks. They both speak highly of Schecter's CS.

But man that's fucking slick. I kinda wish you went all out and got the fret extension to go along with the neck pickup curve... But it's not my guitar, so it is what it is. :lol:

Fret 27 on the low E, now that would be unique :)

')