Schecter Omen 7 > new pu's or get another guitar?

• Thread starter ItIsNotSound
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, So I've got th Omen 7, which, in my opinion sounds pretty ok for a guitar. before i had two ibanez six strings, the last was the grg 320ex, better sustain than the first and sounded much richer in tone.
The sustain of the omen7 is (as far as i have now experienced with omen 7) not very good, pretty short lived.
The standard pickup's of the omen 7 are too "Crunchy" for my need, the cleans are to distorted, so i began to think, get a new guitar (again, would be number 3 this year..)? or change the pickups to get a clean sounding clean sound, and a better tone.. which, if so, would you recommend? (I play what you can name as postrock, sludge, doom metal, death metal, jazz, drone, ambient, experimental, etc etc.)

greets, Nils G.

maybe you could try lowering the pickups a bit? if that doesn't work, maybe some PAF-7's would be up your alley. I'm guessing you're looking for something low-output, right?

also, the short sustain thing... that'd could be attributed to your action or how much relief you have on your guitar. maybe a fresh set-up would help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ItIsNotSound

Reaction score
setup is ENGL 930/60 poweramp, boss gx700 (acting now as a preamp as i'm in search for one). I'm in the process of changing my whole setup, that's why I'm selling my old equipment. I'm not only looking for some low output, think as result first Bareknuckle and than new guitar model will do the job.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
first of all, get your guitar set up. :yesway:

ItIsNotSound

Reaction score
I'm doing both parallel... things I sell get the money for it in... plus I don't need much money per month for living and my flat.
however, this is going offtopic, so I think from my side for this topic it's cleared.. when there'll be other questions to other topics, I'll open new topic.
thanks all, and thanks for throwing in the name bareknuckle!

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I have an Omen 7 with a Bareknuckle Miracle Man in the bridge slot. Its good :yesway:

Its really thick and meaty. Lots of crunch and no gainy hiss. I'm perfectly content with it. The guitar is of implacable value. Mine came out of the box with nice low action, intoned, and IN TUNE.

raydn1

The Lightning Boy
Reaction score
I have two Omen and had them both setup pro for drop C tuning. Put some Seymour Duncan Invaders in one and Blackouts in the other. Both sets give me a good full bottom end sound with no muddiness. plus the are both great for recording purposes. Just my opinion. I'm not a shredder so I speak from a rhythm guitarist perspective.

audibleE

Reaction score
I have the Omen7. I recently put a D'Marzio D-Activator. I like it very much. I'm a diehard Duncan fan and have only used them for over 15 years now. But this time I tried something else and I'm pleasantly suprised.

Latest posts

')