Schecter Omen 8 !

• Thread starter Tristoner7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RG7

Reaction score
oh my god this looks awesome and for so god damn cheap, cheaper than agile.
I think we have a new budget winner here...

Xiphos68

Reaction score
That's awesome! Does anyone know the specs? Also are those EMG808X's?

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Na, they are Schecter Pickups, probably basswood body. Just got my Schecter Damien elite 8 and am enjoying the 8s so far and at that price, I'd be dumb not to get one.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Na, they are Schecter Pickups, probably basswood body. Just got my Schecter Damien elite 8 and am enjoying the 8s so far and at that price, I'd be dumb not to get one.
Schecter 8 string pickups? When did they start making them?

goth_fiend

Reaction score
i would wager it's a 26 1/2" scale, pass, Ive played the c-8, too short a neck, the f# was way to flubby sounding, when I get my 8, interseptor all the way

ra1der2

Reaction score
I thought the damien elite 8's were nice and inexpensive, but wow.

Schecter is going after rondo's niche man, lucky for rondo they are only doing 26.5" scale.

Looks like a b stock prototype to me though.

If you look closely at it either the pickups were routed slightly off to the treble side, the bridge was mounted slightly off to the bass side, or both.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
the omen series to me have always felt like the LTD 100s. bottom end shecter. but this wouldn't make a bad starter 8. doesnt look half bad either

ncbrock

Reaction score
If its a 25.5 or 26.5 inch scale thats going to sound pretty flubby even with thick strings. It looks nice but the black headstock killed it for me. A flat black body or a matched headstock would have been better

Progmaster X

Reaction score
Oh my! Want! Thanks for posting this!...Looks like a new automobile will have to be put on hold once again. lol :D

malphas

Reaction score
Glad to see Schecter is courting the entry level 8 string market. I know the scale length is not for some, but I couldn't be happier with my Hellraiser C-8. This could bode well for the ERG market.

chucknorrishred

Reaction score

Schecter is going after rondo's niche man, lucky for rondo they are only doing 26.5" scale.

If you look closely at it either the pickups were routed slightly off to the treble side, the bridge was mounted slightly off to the bass side, or both.

that, and it takes longer to get an your order.

i looking for an 8 with whammy bar but ill prob end up getting one without it for now

chucknorrishred

Reaction score
Glad to see Schecter is courting the entry level 8 string market. I know the scale length is not for some, but I couldn't be happier with my Hellraiser C-8. This could bode well for the ERG market.

:agreed:

there def needs to be more makers of eight string guitars

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd buy it, hopefully they'll bring it out before or just after christmas

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that's just the big ass .074 playing games with us. I could be very wrong, though :lol:

Tristoner7

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's just the big ass .074 playing games with us. I could be very wrong, though :lol:

Thats what I was thinking, Schecter is a professional enough not to flub up on big things like that.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it IS a 26.5" scale length. I am considering getting one for the $400 they go for new, BUT I think I'd still rather have the ESP LTD FM-408/418. This would save me from having to try and order a new bridge and tuners to swap to the black hardware, and also save me from having to buy another set of EMG's...

Plus, I'm sure the neck is that of a typical lower-end Schecter and is that of a baseball bat. Would have to play one to really decide. Am in serious debate though, but am still kinda leaning towards the ESP...

If anyone gets one, please let us know how it is and if it'd be worth buying and shredding with!

mr coffee

Reaction score

That's parallax error. Note the edges of the body - the shot was taken from off to one side.

-m

')