Schecter Omen 8?

• Thread starter JerSim94
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JerSim94

Thallmeister General
Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing a Schecter Omen 8 guitar. I've played an Ibanez and an LTD Stephen Carpenter before so I know the width of the neck and the playability of 8-strings. I was just interested if that's a good guitar or if it is worth the $400 price tag. I can look into other guitars, but I think this is the one for me given the good price. Anyone have any news on it or other 8-strings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
I do not own one but i have played them before and my only complaints are the pickups (an easy fix) and the square heel. If you want a schecter 8 string i suggest saving up for a blackjack atx or a hellraiser.

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
I have an omen 8 that I ordered thru DCGL. They set it up before shipping and I endorse shopping with them
Anyways the pickups aren't terrible by any means. Nothing stellar but definitely usable compared to other stock pickups. The neck is comfortable (except the heel) and plays fine.
They get my thumbs up..

JerSim94

Thallmeister General
Reaction score
thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm gonna save up and see what I can buy in the near future.

fickfack09

Reaction score
I played one at my local shop the other day and while i do agree that it is pretty comfy i just think it sounds muddy as hell....i would suggest the damien elite 8..boss guitar for a reasonable price or just follow the trend and get an agile. The way i look at this situation is play several 8's and make sure that an 8 is what you want to play for a long time and not just for the lulz then instead of getting a cheapo get something decently priced because cheap 8's just blow imho. i wish you luck on your journey :)

')