Schecter Omen Extreme 7 vs Agile Septor Pro 727

FeroxX

Reaction score
Hi all ! i am new to the site, though i was here very much times for reading reviews and stuff.

I will buy my first 7 string, but i can't decide between these two.

I have a budget around 700$

Which one do you recommend and why ?

My main conserns are the sound, and the quality, the neck shape dont bothers me, i think i can get used to anything with practice.

What do you guys think about the Agile's 'Cepheus Active 7' PU-s ?

And can i order a Septor with passive PU-s ? Do you know about such an option?

I want to play djent :shred:, prog death-core :hbang: and nu-metal :nuts: kinda stuff mainly.

oh and one of my big consern is this thread i found in hamony central

Agile Septor 7-String: Harmony Central User Reviews

:eek: it is strange for me cuz i read good reviews from Agile-s everywhere, but this thread calls it a piece of fire wood junk.. so im reeaally confused.

Please help kind Sevenstringers! ! :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Dont take too much notice of Harmony Central. :lol:

Whats available to you in Budapest? I've never had an Agile in my hands but I can say the schecter is a pretty good first 7.

FeroxX

Reaction score
Dont take too much notice of Harmony Central. :lol:

Whats available to you in Budapest? I've never had an Agile in my hands but I can say the schecter is a pretty good first 7.

well, i can order an agile for 144$ and thats ok for me

1-0 to schecter :rolleyes:

carbon

Reaction score
I have a schecter omen 7 and my agile septor elite 727 just showed up today, and from the past couple of hours of messing around with the agile i've got to recommend it (and put up a NGD thread to boot) over the schecter. The elite is only $50 out of your budget as well, the only differences between it and the pro are the hipshot bridge instead of the tone pros and duncan blackouts or emg 707s instead of the active cepheus pickups.

Reasons I suggest the agile:
You have a chance of finding a b-stock of what you want and you can net some great savings for the cost of a (hopefully) tiny blemish. Mine was $600 (down from $760) for a ding in the tip of the headstock that is so tiny I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.
You are getting neck through construction vs the bolt on neck of the schecter.
The action is incredibly low on the agile, when I got it out of the box the action was noticeably lower than anything I've been able to set up on my schecter. This may change with the Tone Pros bridge, not sure though.
The grover tuners are much better than the schecters.
I prefer a reverse headstock, it looks badass lol.

The one thing that I wish was that I could easily install some BKP's, this is my first active guitar and I'm not completely sold on the active pickups. This is also a huge edge that the schecter gains over the agile. Granted, it has only been a day and I still need to do some tweaking with my setup so this could change, but if you are considering getting passives I'm not sure what you would have to do to install them.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I personally cant play a schecter 7 due to the baseball bat necks; but over all quality / bang for buck is with Agile IMO

LordBlackStar

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone says schecter has baseball bat necks, I've played some with necks just about as thin as a wizard 2 neck, the schecter ultra thin c shape is very comfy imo

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Is the Scheter made in Indonesia? If so, give it a pass and stick with the better quality S. Korean made Agile.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Owned Omen, great guitar for its price, but I must say that biggest con besides not so great pickups is the comfort of the body.
Like, when I switched to BlackJack C7, it immediately felt like 5 times more comfy.
Can't say anything about Agile though, never played one...

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
Holy Necro post batman! Did you seriously make an account to disagree with a post from 2010 that said Schecters have thick necks? :lol:

')