Schecter Semi Hollow

• Thread starter thekingmaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thekingmaker

Reaction score
Alright, I know i've posted like 3 other times about my band switching over to 6's and i need a new guitar blah blah
Here's the run down,
We played 7's in drop A, but we're making the switch to 6's in B. Very fast agressive hardcore kinda thing (architects, new comeback kid etc)

I found one of these

for $450. I'm in love with the way it looks, and I saw the post about PRS semihollows for metal. Just wondering if this is capable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Alright, I know i've posted like 3 other times about my band switching over to 6's and i need a new guitar blah blah
Here's the run down,
We played 7's in drop A, but we're making the switch to 6's in B. Very fast agressive hardcore kinda thing (architects, new comeback kid etc)

I found one of these

for $450. I'm in love with the way it looks, and I saw the post about PRS semihollows for metal. Just wondering if this is capable.

Drop B or B standard? Either way I'd say its going to be flubby. The Duncan-Designed pickups in these are not so hot and for B standard you really need a proper Baritone.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Yeah, the thousands of people playing PRS's and LP's in B are all wasting their time and sound like shit. You really should listen to the couple dozen people on ss.org telling you that you need a baritone.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Drop B or B standard? Either way I'd say its going to be flubby. The Duncan-Designed pickups in these are not so hot and for B standard you really need a proper Baritone.

:agreed:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Worst case scenario? You buy it, find it isn't the right guitar for you, then re-sell it at the same price. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Just go for it. :yesway:

PS -- Sexy guitar is sexy.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

Not necessarily. Low tunings are fine on a shorter scale, I've tuned to B and lower on my 25" PRS SE, and the first Mudvayne album LD5.0 was recorded on Gibsons (24.75") in drop B. If it has the right guages and decent pickups, it will sound fine, but will have a different tone to a baritone guitar.

EDIT - Didn't see this.

Yeah, the thousands of people playing PRS's and LP's in B are all wasting their time and sound like shit. You really should listen to the couple dozen people on ss.org telling you that you need a baritone.

Agreed.

sk3ks1s

Djeff
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of the Ibanez AJD91... I dunno if they're being made anymore or not. They were pretty neat.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
You'll be fine, I've got my Gibson LP tuned to drop A# with 56's and it sounds and plays great.

')