Schecters! hellraiser c7 or loomis?

bklixuz

Reaction score
im buying me a new 7.
which one do you prefer?
quality is important!
i like both but i will pick the one that has the most vote on this site.

this
Loomis-7FRVRS-33c52ddfbc0b76ba66300b410315d4fc.jpg

or this
yes the binding!
HellraiserC-7FRBCH-7c43ce3c5ae2b3855f36c098371e602b.jpg

i like both but i will pick the one that has the most vote :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hutchman

El' Lamo
Reaction score
The Fuckin Loomis man!!!!!!!! Definitely. Without a doubt. The Hellraiser feels plastic to me. Plus the clarity of the Loomis is unmatched IMO.

Go forth and rock.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what you think you'll enjoy more. They're both high quality instruments.

Do you want a slightly darker tone? Get the Hellraiser
Do you want a slightly brighter tone? Get the Loomis

+points for the Loomis: Satin neck, it's very smooth and fast. Simple controls.

+points for the Hellraiser: EMG 707tw pickups. They give you a whole lot of tone options as opposed to the Loomis. Not only do you have volume control over both pickups, but you can split them into single coils if you want (and they sound pretty damn good). And the quilt top is fucking beautiful! And hey, I believe it's cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Loomis. But don't go by "How many votes on this site" to choose your guitar. Look at the features of both, and pick the one you're going to get the most use out of for your style.

Also, don't believe the "the neck on the Loomis is thinner!" stuff. They're identical, same thickness and contour.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
i say hellraiser, as my custom strictly 7 will be kinda based off the hellraiser specwise. And as the dude said above you could get alot of tonal possibilites from the hellraiser with two volumes AND coil taps. Or for a little bit extra you could just get a semi-custom carvin.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
coil split is important to me coz I dont only play metal.

Then I say Hellraiser. You'll get a larger variety of tones. The loomis is sorta a one trick pony with the standard 707's, but the C7 with the 707tw's, you'll be able to get 99% or the loomis tone + awesome cleans and single coil oriented sounds.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I've owned the Hellraiser it was cool and played well but I'd say the get the Loomis as the wood has a much more articulate sound which when playing in such a lower range is something you need.

I disagree - my Gryphon is mahogany and it's just as articulate as my loomis.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
i think hellraiser, mahogany is still articulate its just not bright, and you could get a nice tone with coil tapped emgs in a mahogany body on clean

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
I've owned both, and I vote for the Loomis.

My Reasons:

Looks: The hellraiser...well, there's two sides to this. Personally, I think all the flamey flamey abalone abalone bindy bindy stuff looks GAUDY as all hell. It obviously sells well, though, seeing as how schecter includes it on so many of their guitars. It's a guitar that's made to look pretty sitting in a music store window...but the finish does not wear well. Get a couple of dings in it and it's like a 50 year old hooker, poorly applied ruby red lipstick and all. The loomis is a bit more subdued.

Sound:
This could have just been that I got a lemon...but my old Hellraiser 7 was acoustically dead. It weighed a ton and was a bore to play. No life, no responsiveness, like slinging a big gold brick, and I love mahogany-bodied guitars. The loomis, on the other hand, is very much one of the most "alive" guitars I own. The maple/ash combination makes for a very clear sounding guitar. Thus, I keep on coming back to it.

Pickups and electronics can be changed...I swapped my pickups for a set of blackouts. The 707tw's are a nice touch on the hellraiser, but I feel that the Loomis has the "basics" down a bit more, everything else is interchangeable.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having played both, I prefer the Loomis only because of the brighter tone, the satin neck, and I prefer the aesthetics of the maple board w/ iron crosses.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, this subject has been discussed several other times but rather than close it, I moved it to the beginner section. The "Guitar A vs. Guitar B" threads usually get insta-locked, for future reference.

mediate

Reaction score
If you can get it in black, go for c7. I have had it for 2 years and it plays real well. The pickups are great for metal, and the neck feels great while playing. Also, the finish is really nice and glossy, and is really easy to clean. Not very easy to ruin it. I banged that guitar against my bed's metal frame (there's the part which goes up and is really in the way of my guitar ... should cut it soon :D ) by mistake a huge amount of times, finish didn't even wear off. The actual frame of the bed though, that's a different story.

Anyway, C7 Hellraiser, all the way.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I have the Loomis, and replaced my Hellraiser for it. Just better in every way, to me.

It was built better, it played better. They sounded almost identical, so that wasn't really the issue.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I disagree - my Gryphon is mahogany and it's just as articulate as my loomis.

I'm not doubting mahogany as my main guitars are 2 x Schecter blackjacks and a baritone LP so I obviously have a love for it but what I'm trying to say is that woods that are brighter such as alder/maple often blend with the lower tones of 7/8 strings and baritones very well.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I loved the C7 Hellraiser I used, but haven't used a Loomis yet. I really want to though. From experience the C-7 hellraiser was good I just wish the neck on it was a bit thicker.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I find the Loomis neck to be a little bit thicker than the Hellraiser's, as well. That was part of Jeff's original design.

')