Schecters! hellraiser c7 or loomis?

bklixuz

Reaction score
ugh! should have made a poll!

loomis 8
hellraiser 5

im really counting in the votes hehehehe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
Schecters wood quality tends to be hit or miss and their neck shapes are inconsistent. I bought my C7 two years ago after playing it for 5 minutes because i dug it so much. I work in a guitar store and every other C7 i've ever played has been sonically dead and had a horrible neck shape. I've never played a loomis so i can't comment on that but i can't imagine the build quality or neck shape is any different from the C7. Also another point, the 707tw's. They're fuggin sweet. The coil tapped tones aren't amazing, it's more of a noticeable drop in output and they sound significantly thinner. Don't expect strat tones or anything. I would say order from somewhere you know you can return it to, gc or musicians friend etc so if you get one that you don't dig you can get a different one.

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
I own a Schecter hellraiser V7 and the neck is allways smooth even with sweaty hands. Also its brighter than my C7 which is ash and V is mahgohney. But i would go out and play them first.

EDIT: Shit forgot the vote, i am leaning more towards the Hellraiser.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Drumcityguitarland was a DREAM to deal with, really.

bklixuz

Reaction score
alright Iv made up my mind and all i need is a seller. im going with the loomis!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
alright Iv made up my mind and all i need is a seller. im going with the loomis!

Like I said, Drumcityguitarland was a dream. They asked me how I wanted it set up, what kind of strings (brand AND gauge), and threw in free picks, a strap, and a t-shirt.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
i've got a deposit on one of the new C7 Customs. I Backed to back played it with the hellraiser C7 and well, I wasn't impressed with the HR at all. felt dead, played dead, sounded dead.

If i was in for actives, i'd be going the loomis without second thought, the hellraiser is just meh...

')