School me on the Tight End R bridge

• Thread starter TubeOrgasmer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TubeOrgasmer

Reaction score
So I've stumbled upon this thing, and it caught my eye because I'm customizing an RG for myself and I hate the floating bridge it has. Never been a fan of the floyd rose, and I've been thinking about blocking it permanently or investing in something that would be an alternative. Judging by the looks of it, the Tight End R seems like it'd fit in a routed floyd cavity.

So this may be a dumb or simple question, but can it be a replacement for an Edge trem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
So I've stumbled upon this thing, and it caught my eye because I'm customizing an RG for myself and I hate the floating bridge it has. Never been a fan of the floyd rose, and I've been thinking about blocking it permanently or investing in something that would be an alternative. Judging by the looks of it, the Tight End R seems like it'd fit in a routed floyd cavity.

So this may be a dumb or simple question, but can it be a replacement for an Edge trem?

Yes if you fill the cavity. No if you don't. It won't directly fit a body with a trem route.

oracles

Reaction score
If you filled the trem cavity with wood of your choosing, sanded it flush, made sure you had the appropriate neck angles and shimmed accordingly, in theory, yes. However thats an awful lot of work for not too much benefit.

If you really dislike FR systems so much, I'd suggest selling/trading for a guitar that already has a fixed bridge and saving yourself the effort and work involved.

TubeOrgasmer

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that if it were that simple more people would be doing it already.

Selling it isn't really an option because I've already stripped it down for a project guitar, it was pretty beat up and I got it really cheap, also getting a new guitar suited to your needs isn't an easy task where I come from. Guess I'll just have to block it off somehow.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

')