Scored another, this time a cheapo Schecter!

• Thread starter Shorty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Goddamn it. I knew I shouldn't have gone into the city today.

Ended up in Sound Control looking at boring 6 string guitars, safe in the knowledge that there was nothing there. Was just leaving and I spied some black Schecter with a wider than normal neck. Hmm.. I peer closer to realise it has 7 (yes 7!) machine heads :eek:

Now this may seem strange to ye non UK folks but 7 strings in shops are about as rare are rocking horse shit. It's a bit like meeting people who are prepared to admit they liked Milli Vanilli. Yep, that damn rare :scream:

It's a black Schecter Omen 7. Bolt on but hey, im not proud. I played it through a single recto Mesa and goddamn, if it wasn't a damn nice guitar to play. Not too muddy (even with obviously el-cheapo stock pups). Neck is unvarnished, will smooth up like butter in time. Sounded great, played great and even attracted a group of (sadly emo-ish) uni student girlies to oogle my 7 string prowess :lol: ... deal done. This guitar is a my lucky chick pulling guitar from now on, although I think my local pub might object to my "new friend" taking up value chair space. But we shall see...

Anyway, a snip at £200. Shame I had my car in for Dan sucks at driving reverse parking sensors installation today or Id have taken it now. Not enough cash till payday. Damn expensive month :noplease:

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, almost vaguely caring about my new guitar and pics in a week on payday :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Glad you liked it!

Mainly because I plan on getting one myself :p

D

Desecrated

Shorty said:
It's a black Schecter Omen 7. Bolt on but hey, im not proud. I played it through a single recto Mesa and goddamn, if it wasn't a damn nice guitar to play. Not too muddy (even with obviously el-cheapo stock pups). Neck is unvarnished, will smooth up like butter in time. Sounded great, played great

I too was suprised that it is such a good gitar for it´s price. nice buy.

It seams liek you have higher standards about the pickups, but with a eq in front of the amp they sound really good.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
wow are 7 strings rare.. I live in a small city, with 3 pretty good sized music stores.. and in the 4-5 years I have been playing, I have only seen ONE 7 string at all.. And it was because I bugged them to order in one, it just came 2 weeks ago lol first one ever, probably the only I'll ever see too heh

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
i know what you mean about rare, i dont think iv ever seen a 7 in a shop. ever.

firebrand

Reaction score
(sadly emo-ish)

but hey, im not proud.

Ave' it!

Nice job not just on the guitar, but on spotting it in the first place. i got my last guitar in pretty much the same way (no chicks mind, but you can't have it all, lol) so i know how it feels, hope you enjoy it, dude

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
BinaryTox1n said:
Patience Neo, the answers (pics) are coming.

Desecrated said:
I too was suprised that it is such a good gitar for it´s price. nice buy.

It seams liek you have higher standards about the pickups, but with a eq in front of the amp they sound really good.
Well it's got a couple of light scratches on the back, so I got extra knocked off. Im sure it will sound fine with a bit of tweaking on the PodXT. I wanted it for mainly live work as I don't really want use the SC607B. That's my baby ;)

rogue said:
Ditto. I was so sure a big city like Manchester would have a few places with them but nowt. Nada. Zip.

firebrand said:
Ave' it!

Nice job not just on the guitar, but on spotting it in the first place. i got my last guitar in pretty much the same way (no chicks mind, but you can't have it all, lol) so i know how it feels, hope you enjoy it, dude
Deposit paid. It ain't going nowhere but in my hands next weekend!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
rogue said:

I've seen 3 at stores, an Ibanez rg7420, a DR7 and a KE7, all of them insanely overpriced :lol:

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, The only 7-strings I've ever seen in Sound Control have been Omen-7s :lol: I bought one in glasgow, and I've seen one or two lefty ones kicking about London when I was down.

Nice find anyway :yesway:. I've been half tempted to buy mine back off the guy I sold it to. He neglects it, hasn't changed the strings since I sold it to him :( It pains me to see such treatment of a 7-string, especially as it was my first.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
£200 eh? Quite a bargain if you ask me. Now, about those Emo-ish girls, you should obtain phone numbers and then introduce them to better music. :agreed:

I've seen a few 7's in shops. My Dean MLX7, Ibanez RG7321 and LTD M-207 all came from shops in Southend and I've seen UV777PBK's and RG1527's in shops in London.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
£200 eh? Quite a bargain if you ask me. Now, about those Emo-ish girls, you should obtain phone numbers and then introduce them to better music. :agreed:
Shit. I was so focussed on the guitar, I forgot. Damn it! :lol:

Better find another guitar :agreed:

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
:agreed:

metalfiend666 said:
I've seen a few 7's in shops. My Dean MLX7, Ibanez RG7321 and LTD M-207 all came from shops in Southend and I've seen UV777PBK's and RG1527's in shops in London.

Yeah a walk down denmark st will usually include 2-3 7's in my experience. They're not always priced reasonably but hey...:lol:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Well, in my experience nothing is priced reasonably in Denmark Street, so why should the 7s be any different?

Oh, and congrats on your new Omen!

Cheers

Eske

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a fair old trek for me now I live in Manchester. When I used to live in Cambridge, it was a quick train journey.

Mind you, prices as noted are always shocking anyway.. Im happy with my bargain. If im serious, Il get a guitar from the US and it's still cheaper after import duty & VAT! ;)

Damnit. I think Im gonna go get it later on this morning. Can't be arsed waiting till payday! :D

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to pick her up :D :D :D

omen7_1.jpg

omen7_2.jpg

omen7_3.jpg

omen7_4.jpg

omen7_5.jpg

omen7_6.jpg

She plays great for a cheapo. Doesn't sound as clear cut or as solid as the SC607B but then, that's hardly surprising really. She will make a great guitar for gigs thats for sure :D

Deef

Reaction score
I have an Omen-7, and I find it's one of the better 7's I've been able to play, in terms of the neck shape.

But mostly I bought it cause I didn't know if I'd like 7 Strings and didn't want to waste too much money, but it was a pretty good purchase overall.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
If any of the other 7's Schecter make as nice as this (same neck profile, scale and so on)... Im going to definitely get another one. I am really really enjoying playing this guitar.

I hate to say it but Im considering ditching the Stephen Carpenter for a Schecter.

')