Scott McGill-Wierdoid fusion.

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scott's an insane player - he phrases in ways that wouldn't occur to me in acid-induced nightmares - and a hell of a nice guy, to boot.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that was insanely awesome!!!

I detect a strong Robert Fripp influence, which is a very good thing.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
:yesway: Very cool stuff, i read a feature about him in february's Guitar Player magazine. I've stayed away from purchasing guitar magazines lately, but that particular issue was full of great players: Scott McGill, Lee Ritenour, Alex Machacek, plus a list of 101 forgotten greats and unsung heroes.

Yngtchie Blacksteen

Reaction score
Cool video, although I'm still not sure whether Scott McGill is a good player or not. I saw this video of him some time ago, and I was amazed by his terrible technique. This was enforced after watching a lick example at Chops From Hell, where he slopped up the entire thing. This is the video I'm referring to: http://www.chopsfromhell.com/mcgill1_clip3.wmv

Are there any videos where he actually plays something cleanly? I'd like to see some, as I've heard good things about his playing, and I see him playing with talented musicians on the initial video in this thread.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:yesway: Very cool stuff, i read a feature about him in february's Guitar Player magazine. I've stayed away from purchasing guitar magazines lately, but that particular issue was full of great players: Scott McGill, Lee Ritenour, Alex Machacek, plus a list of 101 forgotten greats and unsung heroes.

Yeah, that was a great issue.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I just noticed how weird and stiff his picking technique is. Seems kinda awkward. Hey, whatever works i guess.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just noticed how weird and stiff his picking technique is. Seems kinda awkward. Hey, whatever works i guess.

I noticed that as well...it does look pretty strange. His fretting hand seems really efficient though...

He doesn't have the cleanest technique in the world by any means, but he's certainly got a unique, creative style, which is more important IMHO...

Bet he'd be cool to take lessons with.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
:lol: youtube comments are always priceless. I love how people always assume that the person playing in the video is the person who posted it.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

That was a killer issue - it was funny to see guys I know (like Scott, Bill Kirchen, etc.) in there, and the chat with Rit is an excellent read - talk about someone who seldom gets his due as a player...

Wow, that was insanely awesome!!!

I detect a strong Robert Fripp influence, which is a very good thing.

I'll drop you a line next time he's around - he and Manring played at least one show in Baltimore not too long ago...

Latest posts

')