Scrambled Eggs

• Thread starter Grand Moff Tim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Water gives fluffier eggs than milk, milk tastes better. A bit of Cream instead of milk is bloody delicious.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Any one ever tried eggs in a basket from V for Vendetta?

Make a whole in a piece of bread, put it in a hot buttery pan, and crack an egg inside of it. I love making them!

MetalGravy

Making a meat suit
Reaction score
I like putting chili powder and garlic in mine--before cooking; sometimes salsa, too.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
This is how I do mine:

1) Crack 2-3 eggs into a bowl
2) Add in a splash of milk (really no set amount, just eyeball it)
3) Add in a little Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (yet again eyeball it)
4) Mix it up well in bowl to get a good blend
5) Cook in a non stick cooking pan on medium heat until you reach desired firmness
6) Add a little shredded cheese on the top
7) Add in a little Tabasco or your other favorite hot sauce on top
8) Enjoy!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'm more of a poached eggs fan, but I make some killer omlettes.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This thread is really making me crave eggs. I mean really crave eggs. I'm about to get sick at work so I can go home and try out some of these recipes. :yesway:

Richie666

Reaction score
Oh man, awesome thread. I love making eggs. It's a fine art. Definitely going to pull this page up some breakfast in the near future

Sometimes i make scrambled eggs that come out more like quiche. All it takes is a healthy portion of parmesan cheese and some chopped up ham slices in the right proportion.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
This thread is really making me crave eggs. I mean really crave eggs. I'm about to get sick at work so I can go home and try out some of these recipes. :yesway:

One of the best benefits of my current workplace? A full kitchen with utensils. Bring in your ingredients, and you can make your food right there on the stove, in the oven, or what have you.

And, of course, there's an espresso machine and coffee grinder, as well as a full stock of flavored syrups for latte drinks and italian sodas.

Did I mention the free fruit, so that we don't need a candy machine?

Anyway, I always have a dozen eggs in my department's section of the glass-doored fridge, and my schedule has enough time in the morning to put together toast, eggs and a latte. On the weeks where I plan far enough ahead, I wind up lightly sauteeing diced onion and mushrooms and putting them into a container. That way, I can add a quarter cup to a couple of eggs, put the whole thing into a egg ring while my English muffin toasts, and then put a little butter on it along with some Manchego cheese, before putting the last ingredient, the scrambled eggs with onion and mushroom, onto the best egg muffin money can't buy....

Is it any wonder that I didn't have anything to post in the "I hate my workplace!" thread?

(I did have to buy my own egg rings, of course. Oh, the hardships I endure there! *laugh*)

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
One of the best benefits of my current workplace? A full kitchen with utensils. Bring in your ingredients, and you can make your food right there on the stove, in the oven, or what have you.

And, of course, there's an espresso machine and coffee grinder, as well as a full stock of flavored syrups for latte drinks and italian sodas.

Uhm... When did you start working at my office? :lol:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
The key is you need real salted butter (and if your core enough use bacon grease, which i would take over butter any day) IMO

I have made them with everything and i find this to be the best

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I usually have the mindset to make scrambled eggs but end up going overboard with a suspiciously delicious omlette.

Mettle209

Reaction score
How I cook my eggs:

(1) Crack 2-3 eggs into a bowl
(2) Add a pinch of salt (never earlier than right before cooking)
(3) Add finely chopped green onions
(4) Add a tiny amount of milk (I like my eggs to taste like eggs)
(5) Preheat pan to medium heat
(6) Add egg mixture to pan and let sit for about 30 seconds
(7) A Good stir and let sit for another 30 seconds
(8) Turn heat up to medium high, stir, and cook for another 30 seconds
(9) Turn off heat, remove eggs from pan, and enjoy.

Option: Sometimes I put a little Asian hot sauce in it for taste. I love my eggs with a nice bowl of steamed rice and some bacon on the side. Eggs were meant to be enjoyed any way you can cook them so enjoy.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

Anyway, I always have a dozen eggs in my department's section of the glass-doored fridge, and my schedule has enough time in the morning to put together toast, eggs and a latte. On the weeks where I plan far enough ahead, I wind up lightly sauteeing diced onion and mushrooms and putting them into a container. That way, I can add a quarter cup to a couple of eggs, put the whole thing into a egg ring while my English muffin toasts, and then put a little butter on it along with some Manchego cheese, before putting the last ingredient, the scrambled eggs with onion and mushroom, onto the best egg muffin money can't buy....

Is it any wonder that I didn't have anything to post in the "I hate my workplace!" thread?

(I did have to buy my own egg rings, of course. Oh, the hardships I endure there! *laugh*)

Need an engineer in training, geotech spec, will relocate? :lol:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Of all the reponses, I liked The Reverend's defining of my post as "murderous-jealousy-inducing." *laugh*

Among other things today, I got to translate a long document into Spanish, get some OSHA-compliance issues fixed, and to taste a huge amount of small morsels like coconut mango chicken and sweet potato pudding.

One of my employees complained today about gaining weight. That's how hard we have it. Although we had an employee run over last year during Bike to Work Month, and are looking into alternative exercise encouragement, we do manage to run a yummy workplace. Thank goodness I've started a walking routine with our payroll manager and HR director, where we walk for 5-6 miles in an hour every M-W-F. We have a lot of people who do extreme sports, and now is the time for us to all whip into shape after the long winter.

----

And now, back to... EGGS!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
And now, back to... EGGS!

Scrambled eggs are great, omlettes even better IMO. But my all time favorite is Eggs Benedict! And man of man do I make some killer eggs benedict. Takes more work and cleanup though with the poaching and making the Hollandaise sauce. But good god it tastes amazing.

Oh, and since some do and some don't - I always use a little milk in my scrambled eggs, it's just not the same without it.

Rev.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I love that this thread got such an enthusiastic response. You fellas take your eggs seriously.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
cook them in butter not olive oil and add some cream. stir them off the stove and place them back on a medium heat. use a dab of cream too. or dare i say...creme fraiche

')