Screen capture w/ audio help???

• Thread starter IdentityDevice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
Driving myself bonkers trying to figure out how to do all this lol. I have OBS, voicemeeter and voxengo recorder and can record all of those separately but I can't figure out how to get the sound of the audio from the daw to record in real time as I'm messing with it. I'm new to the screen capture thing so I'm sure it's some noob mistake but thought I'd ask here for help. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I saw a video from Chris Lucas (3 sigma audio) showing how he does it using voicemeeter and OBS and voxengo recorder but I just can't figure out how to set it up right I guess. May have to look into using a 2nd device as you mentioned.

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
i´ve been fiddling with that stuff myself for years now. and i think i found the right setup for me. i connect the spdif out on my Scarlett 6i6 to the spdif in again and set up the I/O´s so the DAW audio is going out the main outputs to my speakers, as well as through the spdif out. of course i also have to mute the direct monitoring of the spdif in so i don´t get a feedback loop. and i have a mic on the first mic input. while i work in Studio One, i also have Reaper running in the background with two tracks set up. one to record the mic and the other to record the spdif in. so instead of using two devices i use two DAW´s. my screen capture program doesn´t record any sound in that configuration. to sync up the video and the audio, i just clap into the mic while having Reaper in the foreground. so in the audio i see that spike and in the video i see the meter on the mic track spiking. that let´s me sync it up. than i just take Studio One to the foreground and do my thing.

')