SD Black Winter Worship thread

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
Just ordered a set for 100 bucks. I'm excited to try them out ! Gonna try them out on my Schecter omen 6.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
just installed a black winter bridge in my swamp ash 8 string. they're super versatile from my preliminary tests so far.

JamminJAP

Reaction score
I just put a set in my Ibanez S1625FB...
I had to lower the pick up height a lot for the neck to not sound like its in the bridge position it was too bright and twangy. I used to just leave to tone knob all the way up... now that is a hair higher that middile.

tonight I will have to go to my amp and find some settings that can handle this output. These things are crazy!!

(I also have a couple rg's with Dimarzio's in them. a six string with D-Activators and a 7 w/ crunchlab bridge and Evo in the neck.)

aqa

Reaction score
I am debating to get a sh-5 custom or the BW instead the JB in ltd ec 401,

The style is something like groove metal.

What do you think?

JamminJAP

Reaction score
Ok, had band practice last night, and they are sounding much better! My picking is much more relaxed since they are so sensitive. My leads cut through very nicely...and so do the mistakes! So I better get practicing, I have an extra show for this weekend.

Definitely liking these Black Winters a lot!

JamminJAP

Reaction score
^ nice! What pickups did you have in it before? Stock?

I had the stock QMZ's in there and they really fit the guitar well, i was hesitant to change them. But glad I did. They sounded great this weekend.

Oh, the guitar is a mahogany body with a Bubinga top.

KailM

Reaction score
^^Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I will have a full album out eventually. Hopefully by this fall. It has only taken 4 years, lol. Now that I've got my vocals somewhat acceptable (maybe), I think I'll add lyrics and vocals to some of my older tracks -- as I think they are necessary to make for a real album. I have one more heavy track to record, and another softer/more ambient one and it'll be done. The cool thing is I keep coming up with awesome riffs, but there's no way I can include them all on my first album (it's pushing past an hour at the moment). So there will have to be a second album too, hehe.

KailM

Reaction score
I loved those monstrous chuggs you did right after the clean intro. :hbang:
Great song :hbang::hbang:
This was with an actual 6505 or modeler ?

Thanks man -- I aim to please!

I actually used two 6505s for all the gain sounds -- I started making the song last fall with my 6505+ 112 head, which I modded to have original 5150 specs on the lead channel. Then, that amp broke down and I couldn't fix it (still going to fix it at some point). In the meantime, I bought another 6505 -- the 120 watt head version, which is also the same as an original 5150. As I finished the song, I ended up with about a 50/50 blend of both amps, and you really can't tell a difference between them on a recording; it's hard to tell in person as well. For cleans I used my Peavey Classic 30 head (and my guitar with Black Winters). And of course, there was a classical guitar in there too.

The only modeling I used was with my bass guitar; as I don't own a bass amp.

I've got another song that'll be done in a few days -- another grim and frostbitten black metal tune :mf666: But this time it's a cover of one of my favorite Blut Aus Nord songs. This one will be 50% Black Winter and 50% Nazgul on heavy parts.

chopeth

Reaction score
Thanks man -- I aim to please!

I actually used two 6505s for all the gain sounds -- I started making the song last fall with my 6505+ 112 head, which I modded to have original 5150 specs on the lead channel. Then, that amp broke down and I couldn't fix it (still going to fix it at some point). In the meantime, I bought another 6505 -- the 120 watt head version, which is also the same as an original 5150. As I finished the song, I ended up with about a 50/50 blend of both amps, and you really can't tell a difference between them on a recording; it's hard to tell in person as well. For cleans I used my Peavey Classic 30 head (and my guitar with Black Winters). And of course, there was a classical guitar in there too.

The only modeling I used was with my bass guitar; as I don't own a bass amp.

I've got another song that'll be done in a few days -- another grim and frostbitten black metal tune :mf666: But this time it's a cover of one of my favorite Blut Aus Nord songs. This one will be 50% Black Winter and 50% Nazgul on heavy parts.

Nice sound, love my 'winters too. BAN is also one of my favourite bands in BM, I want to listen to your version. I also cover a song I love, Discipline Libration or something like that.

KailM

Reaction score
Here's another track I just finished -- Blut Aus Nord cover this time, as promised.
I ended up using mostly my Black Winter-equipped guitar for this one, but there is some Nazgul mixed in on the REALLY heavy parts as well as some of the mellower distorted parts toward the end. Cleans are provided by the beautiful Black Winter neck pickup.:) Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/on-the-way-to-vigrid

Latest posts

')