SD Black Winter Worship thread

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J_Mac

Reaction score
Aha! Found a RAN Crusher with BWs installed. Plus the old set of Knuckles! Bargain! Looks ace, haven't plugged it in yet though.

Attachments

• IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    903.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Got a Trembucker bridge and neck today. Not sure when I will have time to install them, but at least they are sitting there in the box, lol. Nice looking box in the sea of Duncan pink boxes of my other pickups.

Got them for a maple/alder Kiesel. I am hoping they aren't too bright, and can bring in some chunk/chug.

can we have a review etc once they are fitted?. Im after chunk myself and have the same combo of woods for a guitar Im searching for a certain sound in. These were on the list along with SH5's, dimebuckers and some Bareknuckle

J_Mac

Reaction score
WOAH.

This is like... the mid tone I've been searching for all my life :eek:

:bowdown:

Only problem is - the previous owner has filed down the nut so there is like, 0.1mm clearance on the 1st fret (when fretting 3rd). Spanner. Have emailed RAN for another nut.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
WOAH.

This is like... the mid tone I've been searching for all my life :eek:

:bowdown:

Only problem is - the previous owner has filed down the nut so there is like, 0.1mm clearance on the 1st fret (when fretting 3rd). Spanner. Have emailed RAN for another nut.

Shouldn't have waited as long to try them out... I'm beyond stoked to get my Horizon back, loaded with winters in that one too. Going to track some Norther as soon as I get the chance!

Shask

Reaction score
can we have a review etc once they are fitted?. Im after chunk myself and have the same combo of woods for a guitar Im searching for a certain sound in. These were on the list along with SH5's, dimebuckers and some Bareknuckle

I am sure I will like it. I have the Invader, Distortion, Custom, and Nazgul in other guitars, so I assume this will be in the same family, lol.

I am thinking it will be like an Invader+Distortion, but with the tightness of the Nazgul......

Donce

Reaction score
This thread first of gave me a lot of insight on BW's! I haven't played with BW's, but have been looking at them for awhile and would love to put them in a guitar.

Has anyone tried a Nazgul bridge and BW neck in their setup? I was thinking of this combo for my already Nazgul/Sentient setup for a Mahogany guitar.

Bear R.

Bear R.-
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Nazgul bridge and BW neck in their setup? I was thinking of this combo for my already Nazgul/Sentient setup for a Mahogany guitar.

No I havent, but I Installed a Pegasus in the bridge of my ESP and left the BW in the neck...and man, these two compliment each other very well..When you split the coils, you get this Tone that's pretty special..Kinda like SRV's tone but fatter and heavier..and you know, I don't use the coil splitting thing to much, but with this new combo, I will be going there more often..ha,ha...:metal:

Now I could think different about this in a month or two..but so far, Im liking what Im hearing..:yesway:

Donce

Reaction score
No I havent, but I Installed a Pegasus in the bridge of my ESP and left the BW in the neck...and man, these two compliment each other very well..When you split the coils, you get this Tone that's pretty special..Kinda like SRV's tone but fatter and heavier..and you know, I don't use the coil splitting thing to much, but with this new combo, I will be going there more often..ha,ha...:metal:

Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to do the BW's in the neck then. If anyone is interested I can share how that goes, although it may be a little bit before I put the BW's in.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone played both the regular Black Winter's as well as the Blacked-Out Black Winter's that come in the Schecter KM-6 MK1? I only ask because the pole pieces are different and I was wondering what effects they had on the pickups tone.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to do the BW's in the neck then. If anyone is interested I can share how that goes, although it may be a little bit before I put the BW's in.

Count me in as interested.
Put a BW bridge in my swamp ash 97 ESP Horizon NT. It sounds killer. The neck PUP is the original ESP one and alright, but I'll likely switch it to a BW neck in time.

Sumsar

Reaction score
For those the need further convincing on getting a Black Winter.

Yeah this made me think of Limbonic Art. All their albums are with programmed drums. Let me be the first one to say that programmed blastbeats anno 1997 was not the sh!t, so to speak :lol: though the first couple of albums are legendary ofc.

Latest posts

')