Seal - Kiss From A Rose

• Thread starter The Dark Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i love this song, its great :hbang: always has and always will be. His voice is incredible, i don't own any albums but i have heard a fair share of his music and its all great.

Stretchnutz

The Destroyer
Reaction score
God, I haven't heard Kiss From A Rose in 10 years! That takes me back to when I was in elementary school and they played this song at all the dances. I always liked it, but I told people I didn't so I wouldn't look like a total puss. Crazy is great, too. Good artist, great songs.

^This is coming from a crazy metalhead :lol:

Hey, I'm a total metalhead, too. I love Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, LoG, Black Sabbath, old skool Metallica, Carcass, you name it.

But I also am a huge Prince fan. :wub:

Tha dude a sick ass guitar player also!!:shred:
did you see him perform at the Super Bowl this year?Fuckin Amazing, and he was the only one to perfrom at halftime

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely like this song alot, I used to sing this song even though I sucked at singing.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody who's sleeping with Heidi Klum has to be doing something right. :D

So, I take it you are a Flavio Briatore fan then, eh? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

So, does anyone else just adore this song? I'm thinking of working out an acoustic and 2-part vocal arrangement for this tune.

I absolutely love this song. I can't really say enough about it.

Thoughts, mi amigos?

Yeah, for a pop/vocal oriented musican, Seal is great. His songwriting good, his voice always impressive without being overbearing, and his arrangements and production stellar. I remember going to the IMAX for a movie in Tempe and they were blasting 'Crazy' and 'Humans' on the system in the theater an it was just jaw dropping how full those compositions are. Has anyone here heard him and Jeff Beck do Jimi's 'Manic Despression'? Pretty good as well. :agreed:

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
GREAT SONGWRITER, GREAT VOICE, OPEN ENDED PALLET'.

I'M WORKING ON A 7 STRING VERSION OF NEW YEARS DAY BY U2, & MAMA (LONG VERSION) BY GENESIS.

I'D BE REAL INTERESTED IN HEARING A CLIP FROM A FORUM-ITE RE-DOING CRAZY OR KISS FROM A ROSE.

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score
Seal kicks ass. His voice sounds like nobody else, and a lot of his songs are truly over-the-top pop songs. Clearly nothing to do with today's trendy shit. I love the chord progressions in most of his works - "Crazy" being just awesome.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
GREAT SONGWRITER, GREAT VOICE, OPEN ENDED PALLET'.

I'M WORKING ON A 7 STRING VERSION OF NEW YEARS DAY BY U2, & MAMA (LONG VERSION) BY GENESIS.

I'D BE REAL INTERESTED IN HEARING A CLIP FROM A FORUM-ITE RE-DOING CRAZY OR KISS FROM A ROSE.

1. 'Mama' = F'ing awesome song! Do it! But do it justice! I always wanted to do a prog/metal version of 'Domino Pt. I & II' from the 'Invisible Touch' album.

2. Mushroomhead did a eh... okay :rolleyes: cover of 'Crazy' already.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I absolutely love Seal's vocals. His first album is one of my absolute favorites. Crazy has the one of the heaviest & funkiest bass-lines I've ever heard - I was addicted after hearing that back in the day.

This is an excellent live performance of 'Killer' from his first album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npiu4kxCPoc

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
The song just makes me think of Batman Forever *cringe*. I like crazy though and I'll check this Mushroomhead cover out now.

Psychoface

SS.org Addict
Reaction score
old school song man, love it though.. that and crasy.... and i can honestly i learned to play it when i was drunk at 3am one day but i honestly cant remember a tab :)...hmmm... now im gunna grab my acoustic and kick it old school

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This song if played properly and sung at the same time is a guarantee to get you laid.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever I hear this song, it reminds me of summertime, and sitting in my house bored out of my mind, because the batman music video for it played all the damn time. :lol:

But I love the song!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Seal has got some seriously good stuff.
One of my old girlfriends used to play the CD with "Crazy" on it all the time.
it's got some good tunes on it.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
I had just watched through just about every video on youtube (including Jack Black's version. :lol:) two days ago. :eek:

Still awesome. :agreed:

Latest posts

')