Sean Ashe releasing debut album “Flux” January 12th

• Thread starter DoomJazz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EvgenTsibulin

Reaction score
Sean has an interesting style! Can't wait to listen full album.
I shared coudple of tracks in Russian social media and heared lots of respects and nice words from my friends and other people! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
Sean has an interesting style! Can't wait to listen full album.
I shared coudple of tracks in Russian social media and heared lots of respects and nice words from my friends and other people! :)

Oh wow, that's really awesome that you shared it! Thank you :) Tell them I said hello and thanks :3 :hbang:

EvgenTsibulin

Reaction score
Well, the album is officially out. Here's all the links and what not:

Bandcamp: Sean Ashe (physical or digital)
iTunes: http://apple.co/1RyOMiT
BigCartel: Home / Sean Ashe (physical)
Youtube Stream: http://bit.ly/1PoTfOS
Spotify: http://bit.ly/1W3p4SB
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1W3pmJd

Hope you guys dig it, please let me know what you think!

The album is totaly incredible! Listened with pleasure today on Youtube and as I said earlier shared it in Russian bigest social media:)

Of course said hello to people who like Sean's music! :wavey:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Really digging this so far, its very refreshing to hear styles/melodies that are uncommon with instrumental guitar, or at least the mainstream guys I listen to.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys :D means a lot that you enjoy it and took the time to listen. :hbang:

Guthrielicious

Reaction score
So i'll probably be the first, but I really don't wish to make you feel bad in any way or sound demeaning at all. This is personal opinion and critique so if this doesn't interest you just skip the comment :)

You are obviously a skilled guitarist both mechanically and in terms of conveying emotion also. The production sounds pretty dope tbh. I definitely like the mixing and how all of the elements supplement each other (also compositionally). Some of the songs defintely stood out to me (Imagine, Hemisphere and others), but I personally feel like some of the songs sound a bit like "fillers".

Now I know this probably ain't true for you as the songs almost certainly have seperate meaning and individual feel to you, but some of it felt a little "same-y" sonically to me. This also has to do with preference of course (I don't really like that ballad-ish/rock-ish vibe that much unless there is something that really strikes me as special or has a certain unique-ness to it)

Again, this is my opinion and just how I thought about it when i listened to the whole record. And I know we can discuss some of the words I used like unique-ness forever. This doesn't take away anything from the fact that you've created an amazingly sounding first record and you should be proud of yourself. The record is just a bit too guitar-centric and rock-ish for me, but congrats on the hard work dude.

I can't wait to spin your next record though :). Cheers (I apologize for the horrible grammar).

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
So i'll probably be the first, but I really don't wish to make you feel bad in any way or sound demeaning at all. This is personal opinion and critique so if this doesn't interest you just skip the comment :)

You are obviously a skilled guitarist both mechanically and in terms of conveying emotion also. The production sounds pretty dope tbh. I definitely like the mixing and how all of the elements supplement each other (also compositionally). Some of the songs defintely stood out to me (Imagine, Hemisphere and others), but I personally feel like some of the songs sound a bit like "fillers".

Now I know this probably ain't true for you as the songs almost certainly have seperate meaning and individual feel to you, but some of it felt a little "same-y" sonically to me. This also has to do with preference of course (I don't really like that ballad-ish/rock-ish vibe that much unless there is something that really strikes me as special or has a certain unique-ness to it)

Again, this is my opinion and just how I thought about it when i listened to the whole record. And I know we can discuss some of the words I used like unique-ness forever. This doesn't take away anything from the fact that you've created an amazingly sounding first record and you should be proud of yourself. The record is just a bit too guitar-centric and rock-ish for me, but congrats on the hard work dude.

I can't wait to spin your next record though :). Cheers (I apologize for the horrible grammar).

Hey man, first your grammar is better than mine, no worries ;)

And I appreciate you listening to it and giving your opinion, doesn't make me feel bad at all, I just am thankful for your time and glad you did like parts of it. Looking forward to putting out another release as well, going to get started on it after NAMM :)

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
...The record is just a bit too guitar-centric and rock-ish for me...

That's all well and good, but we are talking about a guitarist's record, and you're entitled to your opinion on his genre, but this is the same thing as dissing someone's signature model.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
So i'll probably be the first...

They way I would put it is that some melodies needed to be reiterated. Repetition is OK, da capo al coda is useful to make beautiful melodies more memorable.

I'm still amazed though :)

Guthrielicious

Reaction score
That's all well and good, but we are talking about a guitarist's record, and you're entitled to your opinion on his genre, but this is the same thing as dissing someone's signature model.

Not really though. Just because it is a guitarist's record does not mean in any way that it HAS to be centered around that particular instrument in every song. You can easily compose a song as a guitarist and have other instruments carrying the lead melody or being the main focus or whatever it may be. I also don't think that your comparison is very solid. :)

And btw. I'm "dissing" neither him or his record.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
No worries guys, I can take criticism ;)

Each part, in each song was a conscious choice I made, to convey something I wanted to say/emote/convey etc., and I totally accept and respect that not everyone will feel the same about it and that's the beauty of art. I really just appreciate everyone who takes the time to check it out.

This is the first of many albums I will make in my lifetime both as a solo artist, a collaborator, or otherwise. I am very confident there will be people who like and dislike varying parts of what I do and again.. I just appreciate anyone who takes time to check it out and provide feedback, positive or not. Love you all <3

Reaction score
Well, the album is officially out. Here's all the links and what not:

Bandcamp: Sean Ashe (physical or digital)
iTunes: http://apple.co/1RyOMiT
BigCartel: Home / Sean Ashe (physical)
Youtube Stream: http://bit.ly/1PoTfOS
Spotify: http://bit.ly/1W3p4SB
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1W3pmJd

Hope you guys dig it, please let me know what you think!

I just bought the physical CD off of bandcamp. I'm not even through the first track yet and I'm in love. Haven't been this excited for an album in a long ass time.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
I just bought the physical CD off of bandcamp. I'm not even through the first track yet and I'm in love. Haven't been this excited for an album in a long ass time.

Thank you! you got one of the last ones.. just sold out :eek: Really appreciate you picking up a copy and I'm really glad you like it that much!! Thank you :hbang:

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Excellent vibrato, I'm going to come back and listen to these again for sure.

Latest posts

')