Seattle 2/6/09: Meshuggah/Cynic/TheFaceless

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
So, any Northwesterners going to this show? If so, see you there! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
A guy I know went to the gig, blew his face apart, he loves it:metal:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just bought a ticket for the Toronto show. :hbang:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm still pissed about no Texas dates. Not a single one. :noway:

Nats

Reaction score
i might see them in NY if that show didn't already happen

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I believe this tour started on the West Coast so you should be okay.

toolsound

Reaction score
Crap...

I saw Meshuggah at Key Arena when they opened for Tool, but I didn't really appreciate them as much as the time. Where are they playing tonight? El Corazon?

I'd go, but I'm really, really tired today...

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Crap...

I saw Meshuggah at Key Arena when they opened for Tool, but I didn't really appreciate them as much as the time. Where are they playing tonight? El Corazon?

I'd go, but I'm really, really tired today...

Yep, I was at the Tool show too.

Tonight, El Corazon.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Do not dare miss The Faceless.

I can't wait till they hit NYC. I'll endure through Cynic to see 2 of my favorite bands.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Ryan and I are planning on going to the show on Saturday here in Portland. :metal:

Can't wait...

:agreed:

Was a truly awesome show. Meshuggah continued to prove that they are titans, not mortals. I blistered my thumb air guitaring on wood ledge in the balcony. :lol: Nice to see they can get all the way through 'Bleed' now. They should really just say "Class dismissed!" at the end of their sets. :cool: Cynic (despite a bad mix) were excellent as well. Steins for the win!

The Faceless should not be overlooked at all, either. Despite the core-ish vocal delivery, they are an intricate, and talented band. I talked with guitarist Michael Keene a bit before the show about his custom Washburn guitars, carbon fiber necks, pickups and whatnot until I realized that I was holding up his line of worshipers waiting for pics and whatnot... :ugh: So I let him to his fans. Super, super nice guy... and a veritable illegitimate Shuldiner child on stage. :eek:

Reaction score
Saw them last night.:hbang: just got out of the hostpital for knee surgery 2 weeks ago and i was tearin the pit up :fawk:. awesome show All bands kicked ass, except cynic. i'd never heard of them and when they came on i knew why.:noway:

Meshuggah is insane:shred:

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Cynic (despite a bad mix) were excellent as well.

Their mix @ the SF show wasn't all that great either. Actually none of the bands sounded all that great. Although the acoustics @ Slims can be a bit hit or miss sometimes.

Steins for the win!

:agreed: I noticed that old steinys were only being used. Not their newer Z-series model. Still it was very cool to see a band using them.

Not too sure what to make about some of the hating on Cynic here. Or not even knowing about them beforehand. But I guess that's kind of to be expected when it takes about 15 years for your 2nd album to be released. :lol:

Latest posts

')