Seattle 2/6/09: Meshuggah/Cynic/TheFaceless

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I'm guessing he's talking about my post?
I hate Cynic's music. I've tried so hard to get into both their old and new albums, but I can't. It actually annoys me to listen to them.
I guess to me, they're just one of those bands to me.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I will be at the NYC show and definitely will not miss The Faceless seeing as how they cancelled the Planetary Duality NYC show which I had tickets for. Also Meshuggah is amazing live and can't wait for them!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's most of the setlist....

Pravus
Bleed
New Millennium Cyanide Christ
Stengah
The Mouth Licking What You’ve Bled
Lethargica
Combustion
Suffer In Truth
Sane
Humilitive
Concatenation
Rational Gaze
Straws Pulled At Random
Future Breed Machine

....I think there were a few more tunes in there too. Killer show!

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's talking about my post?
I hate Cynic's music. I've tried so hard to get into both their old and new albums, but I can't. It actually annoys me to listen to them.
I guess to me, they're just one of those bands to me.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I love both old and new cynic but hate death and obituary :lol:

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Here's most of the setlist....

Pravus
Bleed
New Millennium Cyanide Christ
Stengah
The Mouth Licking What You’ve Bled
Lethargica
Combustion
Suffer In Truth
Sane
Humilitive
Concatenation
Rational Gaze
Straws Pulled At Random
Future Breed Machine

....I think there were a few more tunes in there too. Killer show!

HOLY SHIT

Yeah, i know what you mean. I love both old and new cynic but hate death and obituary :lol:
Yeah, it kinda sucks. :lol: I wish I could shake the feeling.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
:agreed:

Was a truly awesome show. Meshuggah continued to prove that they are titans, not mortals. I blistered my thumb air guitaring on wood ledge in the balcony. :lol: Nice to see they can get all the way through 'Bleed' now. They should really just say "Class dismissed!" at the end of their sets. :cool: Cynic (despite a bad mix) were excellent as well. Steins for the win!

The Faceless should not be overlooked at all, either. Despite the core-ish vocal delivery, they are an intricate, and talented band. I talked with guitarist Michael Keene a bit before the show about his custom Washburn guitars, carbon fiber necks, pickups and whatnot until I realized that I was holding up his line of worshipers waiting for pics and whatnot... :ugh: So I let him to his fans. Super, super nice guy... and a veritable illegitimate Shuldiner child on stage. :eek:

Fuuuuuuuuuck!! I was suppose to be there but I didn't have a ride until the day of the show and when I went to get my ticket, they were sold out :wallbash: You have no idea how fucking pissed I was that I missed it. I was so excited to see them all at the Hawthorne since I would've been at the front the whole time.

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
...You have no idea how fucking pissed I was that I missed it. I was so excited to see them all at the Hawthorne since I would've been at the front the whole time.

I was in the very front during Meshuggah's set while Ryan was abusing his thumb on the balcony. :D

My chest is still sore from getting pushed up against the stage.

And :agreed: to everything Ryan said earlier. It was an awesome show.

Wiz

Reaction score
I thought the Faceless did great in Seattle, now that I've seen them perform live I enjoy their music even more.

Cynic were the main reason why I went to the gig, I love both their old stuff, Portal, the new album and I thought Aeon Spoke was ok. The performance was pretty solid, too bad Paul and Tymon didn't seem to be into it. And yeah the mix was crappy.

Meshuggah were ok, I didn't see them very well cause I had to get the hell out of the crowd in the middle to somewhere closer to an air source :) Never going to el corazon again when there's an overbooked night. I think they let way too many people in for the size of the room.

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
I went to the Seattle show. Excellent show overall by everyone. I think its awesome that the faceless, as young as they are, got to tour with Meshuggah. They all put on a great show, that being said, I despise El Corzon. That venue is such a piece of shit. Next time around I hope they get into a better venue. By that time, anyways, they will be playing in stadiums right? :hbang:

One thing that I thought was kind of funny/interesting/whatever, while we were standing in line Mehsuggah's bus was right next to it. The entire band was sittingin there eating, watching MTV2. idk, made me laugh. I guess I was assuming they would be watching national geographic or the history channel or something.

Nonetheless, great show! All hail Meshuggah!

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think Cynic will be awesome to see, I've never caught them yet.

Mesh always put on a great show...I know exactly where I'll be, heh, heh.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuck!! I was suppose to be there but I didn't have a ride until the day of the show and when I went to get my ticket, they were sold out :wallbash: You have no idea how fucking pissed I was that I missed it. I was so excited to see them all at the Hawthorne since I would've been at the front the whole time.

You should'a PM'd me bro. We couldn't get our tickets online so we were there way early and at the front of the line. I would got you a ticket. This is why its good to get to know your regional sevenstring.org brethren. :agreed:

The performance was pretty solid, too bad Paul and Tymon didn't seem to be into it. And yeah the mix was crappy.

Cynic's sound is so staccatoy & dense, I'm not surprised that they're hard to mix. They played very well though. Interestingly, Mesh were mixed quite well... but oddly quiet for a rock show. :spock: From what I can gander, they have total control of their mix at the stage (like King's X have done in the past), as only two channels were lit at the board as opposed to the mountain-scape of blinky lights goin' on for Cynic. The soundman just threw the cover on the console 1/3 of the way into the set. :lol:

Scootman1911

Reaction score
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
I was just going to take the bus from Sherwood up to Portland but I live a town over from Sherwood so I wouldn't have had a way to get home from there after the show. Me and my friend tried to get his mom to just take us into Portland early so we could go wander around the Saturday Market for a few hours and then head to the Hawthorne and be first in line so we could get tickets but she wouldn't.

Reaction score

At least you wern't underage :noplease:

')