Second Class Citizens: The Gay Rights Documentary

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh...SUCH a trend follower:rolleyes:

Just kidding. Glad you're able to be open about it now:yesway::yesway:

Bitch, I started it, you just copies me.

skwisgaar280.jpg

stops copies me

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
That was my dinner last night (in a non-metaphorical sense.)

EDIT: Also, now that you say that, your previous post is not so much of a compliment anymore...

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Woot! Welcome to the trans club hun! :wub:
Feels good to not be the only one... :lol:

And holy fuck do you look good! :eek:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So when you gonna jump in on the miss sso pagaent with drak and myself? ;)

Admittedly, mehtab has honorable mention with the cute, flowery dress and sombrero. Ole! :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
To keep this thread in step with P&CE....

What do you guys think of this cartoon:
transgendercartoon.jpg

I'd be especially curious to hear what fellow trans members on here think of it...

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The Lesbian and Gay portion of the LGBT "community" has it's own fairly serious acceptance issues when it comes to Bisexuals and Transgendered men and women. I've met quite a few gay men and women who consider trans people freaks and wish for them not to be associated with the rest of the gay community. It's a disturbing viewpoint to take, really. :noplease:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
There's also people that think that bisexuality doesn't exist, believing you're either homosexual or heterosexual, nothing in between. :noplease:

groph

Reaction score
The Lesbian and Gay portion of the LGBT "community" has it's own fairly serious acceptance issues when it comes to Bisexuals and Transgendered men and women. I've met quite a few gay men and women who consider trans people freaks and wish for them not to be associated with the rest of the gay community. It's a disturbing viewpoint to take, really. :noplease:

It does sound like a strange viewpoint to take, but it's not as if anybody who is in a marginalized category like a gay man or lesbian woman is automatically some kind of beacon of acceptance and political awareness. Not to put words in your mouth, just a point to consider. It definitely seems to make sense for non-heterosexuals to band together somehow because no matter what they're labelled as, they're discriminated against for not fitting in to the nice mold of heterosexuality (which is arguably unstable itself).

A lot of radical feminists are the same way as well. By "radical" I don't mean "too feministy for me; don't want," I mean "belief in a patriarchy that pervades all aspects of social life, the oppression of women defines human society, patriarchy is to blame for every ill of society" kind of belief. As far as I understand, despite being intensely critical of a gender binary (men and women) they reproduce that binary in their theories and end up not understanding transgendered people or engage in straight up transphobia. They question whether or not a biological male can grow up thinking he's a woman because they question the basis of being a woman itself, or vice versa of course.

The bisexual hate is ridiculous. For cissexuals (people who are not transgender, their biology matches their social gender category in the typical way you'd expect) it's hilariously polarized and subject to all sorts of heteronormative commentary. A bisexual girl is A-OK to straight guys because hey, girl girl guy threesomes! Fuck yeah! Of course she could also be assumed to be experimenting, or in a phase (the old "you're either straight or gay, no in between" kind of thing) or of course is a total skanque. Bisexual guys are just gay. A guy can't even have an inkling of a homosexual thought and be open about it, that makes him gay. Getting a boner in a shower room makes you gay. In reality those boners probably happen because face the fucking truth, dicks are sexual cues, and also you're standing there thinking about not getting a boner. You know how that always works out. But no, fuck the reality, you're just gay. "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" = gay. Not saying "no homo" after expressing affection towards another man = gay. Actually gay = watch your back, you might get beaten to death. I'm a firm believer that "100% straight, no exceptions" people (especially guys) do not exist, and I will keep driving that point into the ground until people realize that Anderson Cooper is fucking gorgeous.

Interestingly, right now there are student union executive elections going on at my school. Candidates did their speeches today, and one of the questions they were asked by an audience member was advocating for transgendered students. Neither of the candidates really knew where to go with the question, but one (who identifies as a feminist and is really sex-positive, I dig her) at least has some experience and she's very accepting of basically anyone. She'll get my vote.

I've always found the labels heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, etc. to be really odd and I almost think we shouldn't be using them, but on the other hand I don't want to rob someone of an identity. I guess in the future we'll have added so many letters to the LGBTQ community acronym we'll have to just start calling them people.

')