Second solo album incoming...

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Now it's the 23rd of June, and because these are directly uploaded by me so no International Date line/timezone shenanigans, here's a remix of the second single Youthful Days.

I actually did a thread years ago regarding this song and how the two remixes differ from the other. Looking back, out of the remixes/rearrangements I've done, this may be the most conservative. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
23rd day on my neck of the woods so here's the last of the remixes.

A snippet of this remix was actually used for a friend's podcast that's been going on for 3 seasons. So I've had this version of the song for a long time, and ended up finishing the rest of the song during the post production stages of the album. Yeah, I'm not one to sit still. :lol:

This will probably be the last of the remixes. But at this rate, there is a possibility that this whole album will get the full rearrangement. Take that as a promise or a threat or whatever. :lol:

I want to give the album a couple more listens, but VERY good impressions on a first listen! Finally found some time to listen to it back to back while working yesterday. The singles fit really well. Not sure what it is yet, but I get a good sense of story telling, thematically speaking. The song titles help a lot with that, which is nice! Town of Angels (both) I remember as being particularly good. It has been a minute since I last listened to the first album in full, but The Heretic was a super sweet throwback to the title track in the first album, which is kinda where I had the thought that you probably have a whole story to tell here with these albums. Maybe I'm just overthinking it 😜 but it makes me think more about the music and makes me want to listen to everything again to see what else I think I find.

Good job on this one man! And congratulations on finally releasing :)

And thank you for this! It's always super cool to take sneak peeks into the minds of people that do the things I like.

I guess now's the best time to answer this in detail, though admittedly it may be be anti climactic...

I loved making up my own stories or head canon to whatever music I loved listening to as a kid, and it sort of carried over to now. And it's a common concept anyway. Satriani himself stated how when his songs are finished, they no longer just belong to him and become free to be interpreted to the listener as they see fit. So I thought, why not make my solo music lean hard into that concept, but adding long form and continuity, then run with that entire concept. I have my own little story in my head, but why not let my music let other's imaginations run wild and make their own.

First Step loosely takes it's cues from Joseph Campbell's Hero Of A Thousand Faces, so yeah it's another (very loose) take on the tried and true Hero's Journey. But First Step is more or less about overcoming difficult trials of making your own choices, and despite the obstacles, you overcome them all. On The Road Beyond is the second step, and continues on but asks the questions of what if what you've done, what you believe and what choices you make, doesn't go your way...

The remixes themselves are also part of my own little story telling canon. Since story telling itself by nature is often retold through time, and I'm fascinated with remix culture and scores from movies and videogames, I thought I'd lean hard into that too, Rashamon style. :lol: But I'm not talking about standard remixes, where the only changes are a few post production tweaks and a remaster. I'm talking full tear down and rebuilds, where while the main melody remains the same but the full arrangement feels like a different song. Kinda like a leitmotif being used in multiple compositions. What's fun about doing this is that it frees me to do whatever I want, genre be damned.

So yeah that's a lot of pretentious twatty crap, but then again, I am quite the pretentious twat after all. :lol:

Latest posts

')